What's new

A smart cellar inventory app

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I've been looking for a way to track my tobacco cellar, granted it isn't much yet. Anyway, I came across an app called Smart Inventory. It has three major categories in the free version. "Item", "Groups" and "Tags". You can conveniently search using anyone you like. I've set mine up with the tobacco brand and name as the "Item" and the blend family (Aromatic, Non-aromatic or English) as the "Group" and the types of leaf used in the blend as "Tags".

Let's say I'm in the mood for an English. I just select the English group and the app will tell me what English blends I have on hand as well as how much of it I have. If I select the tobacco itself I can see how much I have and when I cellar'd it.

I'm not affiliated with the app in any way, I just found it and thought some of you might find it useful as well.
Screenshot_20200214-013251_Smart Inventory.jpg

Screenshot_20200214-014047_Smart Inventory.jpg

Screenshot_20200214-014055_Smart Inventory.jpg

I like the interface of the pipetool but the math for it wasn't right. This was a few years ago and maybe they fixed it but it just did not add up with the different tin sizes. Tobacco Cellar is something that could have ran on windows 3.11. :/ Wish I could remember how to write databases...

TobaccoCellar.com is pretty much the way to go.

Can you rate tobacco on your cellar here? I'm looking for an app or website where I can rate and track tobacco I've had. I'm talking just a simple star rating, no notes. So I can easily see what tobacco I've had and how I liked it.

Can you rate tobacco on your cellar here? I'm looking for an app or website where I can rate and track tobacco I've had. I'm talking just a simple star rating, no notes. So I can easily see what tobacco I've had and how I liked it.
There is a Google doc spread sheet I found in Reddit that I think can do that with your inventory.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

TC is strictly an inventory monitoring app. No tobacco ratings as far as I know.

Link to the Google Sheet:

it does not have a review line. You can probably edit it once you save a copy to your files? No sure how all that one works. I haven't messed with it yet. Finally reinventoried everything because I can't find my old sheets. :(

Top Bottom