What's new

A picture is worth a thousand. ?

proxy.php

What do you mean Two feeds, one works ?

If your talking about the brass piece on top of the nib, thats a reservoir to allow more ink to adhere to the nib and thus get more writing with less dipping done...

All it does is give more surface area for ink to grab on to, and feed it to the nib when you write...

If your not talking about that, then im not sure what you mean

the huge nib has two slits in it, one works fine the other doesn't, even though it spreads, no ink feeds from it....
Make sense?

Last edited:
Does the reservoir come off the nib, if so, take it off and then take a pic of the nib. The only nib that I own that has two "slits" in it are my poster nibs, but they're more pronounced than slits. I'm curious about this Wherndon...more pics, more pics :biggrin1:

reservoir doesnt come off those,... there may be a block in the second nib or its pinched to closed... the other thing may be your rotation of the hand when using it, mine have a slight oblique cut to them and if you dont have the right angle on the nib it wont write right

right write?
This will teach me to drink on a Sunday night, (NOT). I have spent an hour searching for what I did with my dip pen last night. Finally found it under some crinkley aluminum foil on the kitchen counter.
Crinkley foil, you ask? Yes, I too have a cat that is similar in nature to another cat that shows up in the Nib. My wife puts foil all over the counters in the morn to keep the cat off of them. Apparently when I was soaking my nib, I passed out and left it on the kitchen counter.
Anyway, here's some pics. C-1 has a blocked feed, not sure how to fix, both tines flex apart, but no ink out of the right hand feed.
C-2 (also a two feed) works great. If you look close at the writing in pic #2 you can actually see the two dark lines in the middle of the letters....

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
It looks like the underside has some "stuff" on it that might be blocking ink flow. I've heard ketchup will remove rust on nibs, but I always use an old toothbrush to get in and around my nibs with resevoirs. Good luck

For the record all cats HATE having sticky things on their paws... a few days with two sided tape on the counter and hard lessons learned and the cat won't go up there anymore

well, I guess a new nib is in order, I tried to remove the resevoir and it promptly broke in half.
I was unaware that they still make these nibs...
Need to get out more.

Top Bottom