What's new

A penny for your thoughts .. on shave butter

Exactly. I was not successful at face lathering until I tried it with Arko. Now I get it.

As to shave butter I find that it does indeed "work" but is not as comfortable or satisfying as soaps or creams. I'd actually rate canned foam above shave butter.
Ah ok. Thanks.

I am trying to go from DE's to SE's. Have had a lot of good information on the forums and have decided to make some changes.

So far, I have ordered a ATT SE1 razor, Schick and Feather Pro AC blades. Have also ordered the Yaqi Two Band Silvertip Brush and Zangari Man shaving soap. Should have most of the stuff by some time next week, I think.

Ok. Probably my 1st ignorant question of the day. So how does face lather work? Do you just put a little bit of the soap on your face and use the brush to lather up?
Honestly no ignorant questions when you are starting out. The lather is the best part of my shave and it took a lot of practice for me to get my technique right. Don't be nervous to expiriment with your lather whether bowl or face. You can practice also on your off shave days, just load the brush and keep adding slight amount of water. My rule of thumb is no bubbles no troubles.. Meaning I have over hydrated a soap if I get bubbles.. Anyway Awesome howto face or bowl lather videos on you tube. See link below from GeoFatboy.. just key word search "how to lather" in google and a lot of videos will pop up..

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Ah ok. Thanks.

I am trying to go from DE's to SE's. Have had a lot of good information on the forums and have decided to make some changes.

So far, I have ordered a ATT SE1 razor, Schick and Feather Pro AC blades. Have also ordered the Yaqi Two Band Silvertip Brush and Zangari Man shaving soap. Should have most of the stuff by some time next week, I think.

Looking good. I would say don't change too many things at once. Find what works, dial It in and then experiment.

Top Bottom