What's new

A new number one!

I tried a Gillette Super Blue blade from China this morning and it is my new number one...worst blade I have ever used. It surpasses my previous worst blade the Ladas. The Super Blue was rough and painful. I almost had to switch blades during my shave. I stuck with it but the blade is going in the used blade bank. The Chinese made Assured blades from the Dollar Tree are better than these!

I tried a Gillette Super Blue blade from China this morning and it is my new number one...worst blade I have ever used. It surpasses my previous worst blade the Ladas. The Super Blue was rough and painful. I almost had to switch blades during my shave. I stuck with it but the blade is going in the used blade bank. The Chinese made Assured blades from the Dollar Tree are better than these!
Thanks for sharing. Always good to know what not to use. Based on your experience, I wouldn't think that, YMMV, applies in this case and I'll just take your word and avoid them like death and taxes.

- Cheers!

On the other hand...

I used my first Gillette Super Blue with its matching (2020s version) Tech (on my preferred handle) and found it to be a great shave. That blade gave me 12 excellent shaves before I got bored and moved on.

FF-K_2020-08-12.jpg

Obviously, your mileage varies. Vive la différence. :punk:

lasta

Blade Biter
There are a lot of fake Super Blues floating around.

Considering the polar opposite opinions between you and Cal, I'd guess you drew the short stick!

I find them a good solid blade, not top shelf or great, but medium sharp, medium smooth. Decent daily drivers.

Glad this one is not in my test. Actually, I avoided all blades from China. I have tested a few PIF Chinese blades that were "okay" but generally, I have found buying Chinese is kinda like Russian Roulette for your beard.

Last edited:
If you have another Super Blue blade, may I suggest you try it? You may have gotten a bad blade. Give it another try. If it still doesn’t work for you, then you know that’s a bad blade for you.

There are fakes of the Super Blue as @lasta already mentioned. Mind you, I have seen 2 different fakes years ago, that were obviously made by different plants.
Personally don't find anything wrong with the Super Blues. As with every blade model, some users will like them, some won't

If you have another Super Blue blade, may I suggest you try it? You may have gotten a bad blade. Give it another try. If it still doesn’t work for you, then you know that’s a bad blade for you.
If he has fakes I would not advise that...

Top Bottom