What's new

A good steam equals a great shave!

I usually don't shave on days off and swim on those days. Today we were having my son's future in-laws for dinner-our first meeting - so shaving was indicated. I took my hour long swim followed by a 15 min steam at the gym. I used Dr Hunter's Shave cream, a Gillette travel razor with a fresh Bolzano blade. It felt as if there were no blade in the razor it was so smooth and comfortable. Two passes and a little touch up-BBS! It was followed by a warm/cool shower and some Paul Mitchell The Conditioner for AS balm. No irritation, discomfort. Sometimes I shave really cold as well with great but different results. I think the soak and steam really soften the beard so the razor works effortlessly allowing a light touch etc. With very cold water I think the skin is toned and irritation is prevented/ treated by the vasoconstriction and analgesic effect of the cold. In the end both can give a painless irritation free shave but now I think by two different mechanisms.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
people swear cold water shaving is all you need, but a good, hot shower prior to shaving works best for me.

Top Bottom