What's new

A good place to put a dollar

RTSH3MF-1024x683.jpg

With your dollar, hand it to one of the budding entrepreneurs in your neighborhood and buy your self a glass of lemonade!

It is a cliche but this was my very first business as a child. For me it is never about the actual lemonade, it is about encouraging kids. Think about it - they are outside, not inside on a computer. They also have a new level of responsibility and that helps them grow. They get to answer questions and engage with adults which is a good thing.

Just today I bought some and I could not believe what I pulled off. There were three girls, all sisters. I told them I wanted to see if I could guess how old they were. They were up for it but laughed at the idea of this stranger trying such a thing. I pointed at the oldest, scratched my chin and said, "I think you are ten years old." I got it right and they were shocked - one turned in a circle - and could not believe such a thing was possible. Now they were standing on the balls of their feet. I turned to the next oldest and said, "I think you are eight years old." All three of them said, "YESSSS! YESSSS!!! OH MY GOSH - YESSS!!!" They were all pulling for me now. The youngest came out from behind the table so I could better guess because she was next. "I think you are six years old." They about flipped, "OHMYGOSHHH!!! YES!!! SHE IS SIX!!!!"

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
View attachment 1674660

With your dollar, hand it to one of the budding entrepreneurs in your neighborhood and buy your self a glass of lemonade!

It is a cliche but this was my very first business as a child. For me it is never about the actual lemonade, it is about encouraging kids. Think about it - they are outside, not inside on a computer. They also have a new level of responsibility and that helps them grow. They get to answer questions and engage with adults which is a good thing.

Just today I bought some and I could not believe what I pulled off. There were three girls, all sisters. I told them I wanted to see if I could guess how old they were. They were up for it but laughed at the idea of this stranger trying such a thing. I pointed at the oldest, scratched my chin and said, "I think you are ten years old." I got it right and they were shocked - one turned in a circle - and could not believe such a thing was possible. Now they were standing on the balls of their feet. I turned to the next oldest and said, "I think you are eight years old." All three of them said, "YESSSS! YESSSS!!! OH MY GOSH - YESSS!!!" They were all pulling for me now. The youngest came out from behind the table so I could better guess because she was next. "I think you are six years old." They about flipped, "OHMYGOSHHH!!! YES!!! SHE IS SIX!!!!"
There is still hope for America.

I also had a stand as a kid.

Now days the city will shut you down and fine you for operating without a permit.
Sadly that is the case in a few municipalities. I did see where a state governor just signed an executive order permitting lemonade stands in the state to operate. There were logical constraints like it being only for the summer and for those under the age of eleven or something.

Another way around it would be for the kids to have little trinkets like bracelets and necklaces to sell. Each purchase receives a free cup of lemonade as a way of saying thank you.

Score:

Entrepreneurship 1, Government 0

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
If they make it with an artificially sweetened powder, regrettably I must pass. If they'll squeeze real lemons and add real sugar, I'll give them a five, not because I can drink it but because they are not only showing entrepreneurship, they are showing pride in their product.

Well I am surprise the authorities did not shut business down, because of license, and permits. This is world in 2023 in some places. Not how it was in 1950's, kids could make money by selling drinks.

Top Bottom