What's new

A beauty of a Rotbart Mond-Extra set

I bought this set recently primarily because I loved the graphics on the box, but it turned out to be even nicer in person than the single photo of it that the seller had taken. I'm not exactly sure where to date this yet -- I've seen ads using the same style logo from the mid '20s, but I really need to do a bit more digging on it. I couldn't wait to share a few quick photos of it, though.

The cardboard box is marked "No. 337d hoch" there on the side, which I assume is the set's designation.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The same logo is marked on all the pieces -- on the purple velvet headliner, on the razor's handle, and even on each of the blade sleeves.

proxy.php

proxy.php

As you can see, the razor itself is more or less exactly a copy of the Gillette Single Ring.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is a beauty Porter. The graphics in the case liner are exceptional, both style and condition. Good luck on the research and - - Enjoy!
I'm still looking for my 1st Rotbart and never even noticed this one for sale in any of my usual haunts.
cheers, marty

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Great find! :drool:

I have a number of Rotbart razors, none with that logo. I've also had trouble digging for info, good luck.

Wow! That is beautiful. Back in the day - when you bought a razor, you really got something special! Nowadays, not so much :(.

Top Bottom