What's new

3017 a brick of Cella

easy peasey, just scan or take photo of cella brick package.
quick edit in any photo editing app.
then avery label plus avery.com/print website.
here's my file...

cella label descreen crop 3.jpg

Just for fun, I estimated how long a Cella brick would last me. The actual weight of soap is slightly less than 1000gm, about 950gm, IIRC. With consumption of 1.2gm per shave, that comes out to 950/1.2 = 792 shaves. At 6 days per week, that is 792/(52*6) = 2.5 years.

Even if I loaded very heavy using an Omega 49 and the Marco method, it works out to about 1.5 years.

That's dedication, @sarimento1! :thumbup1:

Just for fun, I estimated how long a Cella brick would last me. The actual weight of soap is slightly less than 1000gm, about 950gm, IIRC. With consumption of 1.2gm per shave, that comes out to 950/1.2 = 792 shaves. At 6 days per week, that is 792/(52*6) = 2.5 years.

Even if I loaded very heavy using an Omega 49 and the Marco method, it works out to about 1.5 years.

That's dedication, @sarimento1! :thumbup1:

thanks!

actually, i'm on my Second brick of Cella in the past four years!
Plus two bricks of P160!
And a (mostly) brick of 3p!

Obviously, I've done a LOT of PIFing and gifting!
And still have lots left in the fridge!

I don’t figure I will PIF any of it. I talked to a buddy of mine who I knew had used a brick of it up and he said about 1.5 years, but I think both him and his son were using it. He said he has now moved on to Stirling as he got tired of the same scent and wanted more variety, ha. I actually have enjoyed my scent, it seems not using it right away let the cherry smell go away and it now smells more like the Vitos red I once purchased which is about like straight clay. Very mild and allows me to use any AS of choice.

IIRC, both soaps have EDTA, and have for some time, but it wasn't added to the label until recently due to strengthened EU regulations. Since the 150g jar is the more popular product, retailers are likely getting newer stock than their 1kg product, and the updated label.

I suspect it was simply a business decision on the company's part so that they could expand their business: retailers would get fewer customer complaints about rancidity. EDTA in mass-market soap is perfectly normal, even if it is a high quality or luxury product.

I suspect it was simply a business decision on the company's part so that they could expand their business: retailers would get fewer customer complaints about rancidity. EDTA in mass-market soap is perfectly normal, even if it is a high quality or luxury product.

I don't think EU regulations require additional chemical preservatives. Cella's Bio line doesn't have any in their cream, but it doesn't really need any either, as it doesn't have tallow and most of the ingredients are relatively bacteriostatic.

Not what I was saying. The ingredients didn't change; EDTA was always present in both soaps. They weren't required to disclose it before changes to EU labeling laws in 2013/2014. See this thread from 2014 where someone reached out directly to Nicky Chini: Cella Crema Da Barba - reformulated? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/cella-crema-da-barba-reformulated.419347/

Not what I was saying. The ingredients didn't change; EDTA was always present in both soaps. They weren't required to disclose it before changes to EU labeling laws in 2013/2014. See this thread from 2014 where someone reached out directly to Nicky Chini: Cella Crema Da Barba - reformulated? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/cella-crema-da-barba-reformulated.419347/

Good theory, but I don’t believe my brick is from 2013/2014, since I bought it recently from an Italian seller with quite fast turnover. I am quite confident the brick does not have EDTA.

Day 3 shave with the Cella. I’m sure I won’t post everyday there is a shave, but man this stuff seems like it’s gonna last forever. Maybe I need to up my amount of shaves per week ha.

Reviving an old thread.

Wonder how this progressed.

I've filled about half of my cella red brick in a glass bowl and intend to 3017 this chunk first. I came searching on how others have fared with this massive brick.

Last edited:
last brick lasted me 1 year 8 months used every day, with excess soap on the brush squeezed back into bowl.
I no longer squeeze the excess back so Ill see if it makes a big difference.

Reviving an old thread.

Wonder how this progressed.

I've filled about half of my cella red brick in a glass bowl and intend to 3017 this chunk first. I came searching on how others have fared with this massive brick.

Didn’t last long honestly. After about a week of shaving with the Cella it started giving me a reaction. Also since then I’ve realized I can’t use LaToja cream however the stick works fine, but the aftershave is a no go also. These days I mainly shave with the classic green tub of Proraso or WK tallow soaps as my go to along with Myrsol formula K. I’ve tried a lot of soaps, although I’m sure not many compared to some on this board and at this point for me it’s about enjoying the shaves and using what works instead of jumping to the latest base.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Didn’t last long honestly. After about a week of shaving with the Cella it started giving me a reaction. Also since then I’ve realized I can’t use LaToja cream however the stick works fine, but the aftershave is a no go also. These days I mainly shave with the classic green tub of Proraso or WK tallow soaps as my go to along with Myrsol formula K. I’ve tried a lot of soaps, although I’m sure not many compared to some on this board and at this point for me it’s about enjoying the shaves and using what works instead of jumping to the latest base.
Cella lights me up. Something in it gives me razor burn without even shaving!

Day 2 of shaving with the Cella brick. I think mine has done like others have reported and lost some of the scent since it sat up in my closet for about a year. Either way the results have been great pairing it with a Red Tip and an ASTRA SP and Myrsol AS. I cute up a few chunks and pressed them down into an empty A&E bowl. Here soon I’ll take a picture so y’all can see the progress, but I’m thinking at least 35 or more shaves per bowl. That’s about how many shaves I got out of a bowl of WK while I used it exclusively last summer while deployed. I’m a heavy loader and even though I use a synthetic I’m curious to see how fast it goes.
The scent fades on all the brick soaps once you use them for a few weeks. I took me 2.5 years to finish off my brick.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This was the case for me. I’m pretty sure I gave most of that brick away to a friend to use, these days I mainly just use Proraso green or WK soaps..z boring I know haha
NOTHING wrong with boring with the Green!

Top Bottom