What's new

2020 Corn Cob Pipe Modification Contest

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Just a quick reminder, we’re coming into the last weekend of this little contest. Hopefully others out there have some project cob pipes they’d like to show. I am hoping to finish up mine tomorrow. If not by then, definitely by Monday. Just waiting on a stem from MM to arrive. 😊

seabee1999

Finally finished! It’s a Morgan Nose Warmer dyed black initially, then plaster of paris was applied and finally dyed brown. Sadly some of the black dye bled and impacted the brown dye. But I like how it turned out. The shank is made of olive wood. I used a dremel tool to rough carve the tapered cylinder and then finished it off with sand paper and time. The overall finish is a clear lacquer one. The stem is a standard MM non filtered one. Overall length is about 7” long. Due to the mail coming late today, I’ll be out smoking this tomorrow afternoon before it’s supposed to snow on Wednesday.

6C2C9746-199E-456E-8356-2909698A938D.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Outstanding work Dave! Time has got away from me these last few months with some big life changes in the near future. I'm truly sorry I didn't make time to put up an entry...

We need to do this again sometime.

I hope to see some more mods in here!

seabee1999

Outstanding work Dave! Time has got away from me these last few months with some big life changes in the near future. I'm truly sorry I didn't make time to put up an entry...

We need to do this again sometime.

I hope to see some more mods in here!

I totally understand about big life changes! Hopefully others will post their final mods or creations. My hope is that we can do this again in the future!

seabee1999

Greetings to all! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves this holiday season. Yesterday wrapped up this contest. But that doesn’t mean that this post can’t be used to show your cob mods to others as they are completed.

@Mike H , As you were the other one who completed a mod within the timeframe of the contest, I’ll send you a quick PM.

Many thanks to everyone for your interest. My hope is that we can do something like this again next year.

Top Bottom