What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm glad to see that the Cowboys played Prescott, although I wouldn't have minded putting in Romo after they pretty much put the game on ice. They sat Zeke, after all.

I don't want to see them sit out next week, either, but I don't see much reason to play them in the second half. Rest is good, but you don't want your starters to sit out three weeks and then hit the playoffs. That goes double for rookies.

I'm glad to see that the Cowboys played Prescott, although I wouldn't have minded putting in Romo after they pretty much put the game on ice. They sat Zeke, after all.

As much as I would like Romo to play out his career with Dallas, I'm thinking that the plan is to trade him. There are a lot of teams that need a solid QB and Dallas would likely get a decent return for him. That's probably way they didn't play him, they don't want to hurt his trade value incase he were to have a bad showing or get injured again.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
As much as I would like Romo to play out his career with Dallas, I'm thinking that the plan is to trade him. There are a lot of teams that need a solid QB and Dallas would likely get a decent return for him. That's probably way they didn't play him, they don't want to hurt his trade value incase he were to have a bad showing or get injured again.

That's another good point. Romo's contract is one heck of an albatross, though.

$logo.png

So the next round of playoff games is set. My Packers have many shortcomings, but Aaron Rodgers clearly has super powers. Just hope they can stay hot a few more weeks.

Come on, Atlanta. To paraphrase a line from last year's election, anyone but Seattle in the Super Bowl. Anyone, even Dallas.

Wow, four posts so far this year. This thread died with Denver's playoff hopes, apparently.

Last edited:
Come on, Atlanta. To paraphrase a line from last year's election, anyone but Seattle in the Super Bowl. Anyone, even Dallas.

Wow, four posts so far this year. This thread died with Denver's playoff hopes, apparently.
No Dallas in the Super Bowl. You wash your mouth out.

Didn't see but snippets, but that GB-Dal game looked the best game of the playoffs so far.

And Dallas lost in the playoffs so all is right in the world.

Go KC. They're long overdue and I'd like to see Big Red win one.

AFC Championship game?

Patriots will be there, as per usual....in Foxboro this year as a bonus.

Hopefully Tomlin won't be tripping anybody along the sidelines...��

Top Bottom