What's new

$200 pen. Paid $16.

So today I did this. I bought a Montblanc refill and put it in a Pilot G2. I am gobsmacked by how smoothly it writes! I have a Pilot Gel in a tac-pen and love it, but I think this Montblanc-Pilot hybrid might usurp it as my favorite pen. I almost feel like I'm cheating Montblanc out of some money, but I will be jiggered if this pen just doesn't blow my flipping mind!

Last edited by a moderator:

So today I did this. I bought a Montblanc refill and put it in a Pilot G2. I am gobsmacked by how smoothly it writes! I have a Pilot Gel in a tac-pen and love it, but I think this Montblanc-Pilot hybrid might usurp it as my favorite pen. I almost feel like I'm cheating Montblanc out of some money, but I will be jiggered if this pen just doesn't blow my flipping mind!

Funny I put in a Parker refill in my montblanc but will do this for work so I don't mess up my good pen:).

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php
+
proxy.php
= ???

The cost of MB refills is ridiculous. It makes the pilot an expensive pen to operate.

Indeed.
This is a cool mod, but since my office supplies G2s, it would get lost in the mix.

So I stick with Lamy. Nobody else wants to use the FP.

I like the G2 better than the MB refill, so I put a G2 in my MB. More bling with a cheaper refill that writes better.

Because of its rather homely exterior I feel that the G2 doesn't get as much love as it deserves. Having worked in a few offices I've seen people sneer at it as being cheap and low-quality, but it's consistently outperformed their higher-end pens. Doing this, to me, is merely elevating a surprisingly comfortable body. It is still one of the smoothest-writing pens I've used. The MB cartridge merely takes it to another level.

I like to use a classic Parker Jotter pen, but don't like the ballpoint refill it comes with. I replace it with a Parker Rollerball refill. The fit is perfect and the rollerball writes like a dream--all for about $10.

Top Bottom