What's new

2 weeks ago today

I got my Merkur HD and have loved it. Today I accidentally bought a ready to shave 5/8 dovo straight in town. Went to have a look at it and didn't like to leave it in the shop once I'd handled it...:blush:
I might have a gentle try at the cheeks this evening.:w00t:

I got my Merkur HD and have loved it. Today I accidentally bought a ready to shave 5/8 dovo straight in town. Went to have a look at it and didn't like to leave it in the shop once I'd handled it...:blush:

You sound like me "accidentally" buying brushes, strops, straights, etc... It isn't our fault; we just can't help ourselves. It is a disease, right? :wink2:

Should we start a pool as to when the Merkur HD is listed in the B/S/T section?
I think it'll be a good while before I have enough confidence with the straight to ditch the de. Was a little nervous and thought I'd leave it a while but just had to give it a go. Did the cheek area and then went to the HD. BUT I did use the straight to get the bits on my neck that the HD leaves! I'm sure it's something that'll come with experience, softly softly catchee monkey...

It depends on if he has been using the Merkur blades with it.

No Merkurs at all, Derby extra and a Dorco, bit odd that one, can't work out if it was ever sharp, did the job but I could really go at it with no fear of a nick, almost felt like there was no blade in the razor!

You sound like me "accidentally" buying brushes, strops, straights, etc... It isn't our fault; we just can't help ourselves. It is a disease, right? :wink2:

Well known disease...unfortunately it's not the only one...I also accidentally bought a Nikon D300 last spring....I only went to look at it but it came home with me.:wink:

Last edited:

I hate those accidents!

Here it is.

proxy.php

Oh Lord!

He's already starting in on his SOTD straight pics!:eek:

Dramatic lighting and all.

That Merkur is hitting the BST two weeks tops....this guy is a gonner!:thumbup1:

P.S. I only just yesterday sold off my DE. I hadn't used it in over 6 months....

Keep your Mercur to tavel with, it would be a shame to have your dovo confiscated at the airport.

Top Bottom