What's new

1999 schick injector razor?

According to the source I've read it was never sold in North America. I've never seen one.

I do have a Personna injector razor that closely matches the description and looks like the razor in this photo:

proxy.php

- Chris

According to the source I've read it was never sold in North America. I've never seen one.

I do have a Personna injector razor that closely matches the description and looks like the razor in this photo:

proxy.php

- Chris

how would you compare this one to safety razors?

In general, I prefer injector razors to double edge, as they're quite agile and not terribly sensitive to blade angle.

That being said, this model seems to be a bit mild for my taste. I can hear the whiskers hitting the blade but it seems to take several passes (ATG) to get it all cleared.

I have an early 50's Eversharp Schick G1 (looks just like the dozens of "bakelite" handled ones you see on Ebay) that is much more to my liking in terms of performance.

This one is aesthetically nice though.

Thats a 1960s PAL/Personna razor,

The Shick Injector O Type which was a japan only razor sold untill 2001, its an ok shaver and is quite expencive, they use to go for 120-200 dollars on ebay, later nation wide campus made a cheap chinese clone of that razor which was a really bad shaver, both are quite rare and arent seen often on sale, and when they do go on sale, they are quite expencive,

you can have a look at it
http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

now, my recomendation, on ebay its quite common to see Type N and M injectors, which are allright shavers, theres also an ammount of NOS PAL injectors, which are also nice to use, if i had a Type O injector, it would be display only, i dont think i would have the heart to use such a rare and expencive razor,

Thats a 1960s PAL/Personna razor,

The Shick Injector O Type which was a japan only razor sold untill 2001, its an ok shaver and is quite expencive, they use to go for 120-200 dollars on ebay, later nation wide campus made a cheap chinese clone of that razor which was a really bad shaver, both are quite rare and arent seen often on sale, and when they do go on sale, they are quite expencive,

you can have a look at it
http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

now, my recomendation, on ebay its quite common to see Type N and M injectors, which are allright shavers, theres also an ammount of NOS PAL injectors, which are also nice to use, if i had a Type O injector, it would be display only, i dont think i would have the heart to use such a rare and expencive razor,
thanks for the info to bad the type o don't shave as a good as it looks. what is a nos pal?

New Old Stock, and PAL was a brand belonging to Personna which is part of the ASR, which is the American Safety Razor co.

the type O shaves ok, its the nation wide campus clone which is (if you excuse my crudness) **** poor shaver.

Top Bottom