What's new

18 months ago in a bathroom not so far away...

... I used my first SE razor. Now have a few injectors, Gems and some AC style razors. What I don't have much of anymore is DE's. I have the antiques on display in my office, an R41, a Karve F plate, a .83 GC and a Asylum Evolution with a regular and T plate. Those last ones are still there because they treated me so well for so long. I suspect they won't make it past the end of the year, or maybe the end of the summer. I came over because of some nonsense I read about blade rigidity. I was sure that was a load of 💩. I was wrong. I picked up my r41 after months of non use and gave it a go. I don't remember ever disliking it, but i did. I swapped the blade for a new one, and it was still unpleasant. The next day was my Vector, and the shaving love had returned. Then the Evolution, love lost again. I followed with my Enoch, and the love was back in my life. The Karve and the GC clamp the blade very well and still provide that loving experience, but i don't like the big heads any more.

You people have ruined DE shaving for me 😭. That being said, i 😍🥰 SE shaving, and all the toys that come along with it. I have a Hawk v3 inbound since I blew the sabbatical on a couple of gorgeous razors I found at a store earlier this year.

I really think I am done with DE shaving. it's bittersweet, but I really have no regrets. Now I have to offload a ton of DE blades LOL.

Who else (I'm not going to say anyone because @rabidus ) has send the DE's completely packing?

Well, I have been using injectors since my teens and just tried DE shaving less than one year ago. I have room in my life for both because I like variety. Now that my vintage Schick collection has filled in, I am eyeing Gems and Autostrops.

Here is my gateway drug on those. How could you resist?
20200320_152952.jpg

That and a somewhat ratty Micromatic open comb are my entire accumulation so far. I admit to being a bit leary of the MMOC thinking it may be too aggressive. I will keep my eyes out for a Damaskeene set.

I started with a Clogpruf I think. I now have a Damaskeene, G Bar, MMOC, MMCP and a Sabre. I also have an E,G,I,J,L (2 versions) and M. Then there is the AC's.

Top Bottom