What's new

16mm TGN Finest in a Star is a ...

The Knot: 16mm Finest Badger Knot; Set with a 43mm loft
The bloom is approx 45mm
The Ferrule: 27mm; Brown. It feels like there was/is an internal collar fitting between the Ferrule and the opening.
Star Ferrule.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

The Handle: 38mm; Hollow, a possibly a bake-lite material.

When the Ferrule and Handle are attached, the total length of the brush is 108mm

IMG_0581.JPG

This morning I soaked the brush while showering and used it with my Pre de Provence No. 63. It held enough water, but not too much. Loaded the soap really well and using a GP Scuttle, this combo made the best lather with this soap since I have been using the PDP. In fact, I painted the lather on for the first pass, painted the lather again without the need to work it up again for the 2nd pass. I cold have applied a thick lather for even a 3rd pass by hand.

A 16mm Finest Badger Knot did this with soap.

I didn't have to load it aggressively. Amazed.

All this time I have been wondering about trying a knot larger than 24mm, which I just put in my H40, but maybe I should consider going in the other direction.
IMG_3571.JPG

It does occur to me that this brush fits my scuttle perfectly. I can twirl the brush or stir it in the bowl and both are extremely effective. When using a larger badger knot, larger handled brush, stirring is not nearly as effective as pumping and twirling with soap or cream.

I really like this brush and have since I first laid eyes on it. I saw potential and this morning I experienced quite a bit of what I envisioned. That said, my initial review is noticeably flawed. First, the brush lathered something that I have been really unsuccessful using, so this has made me find today's experience favorable and possibly biased. I used a different technique too. I have not used the brush with my tube cream or tub cream. Further, with a longer handle, the brush functions differently. Finally, this is my first "Finest" knot. I have used, up to this point Best(Simpson, TGN), Silvertip(DaVinci, Semogue), Pure(Escali, Ever-Ready), Synthetic(Maggard), and Boar(Century, Semogue, Ever-Ready). I also have a 20mm Silvertip from TGN that needs a handle.

Left handed threads, or just the picture?

I can screw it in with my left hand or right hand.

JK. I am not familiar with that term. I can say the image is not reversed...
It screws on clock-wise and unscrews counterclockwise.

I can screw it in with my left hand or right hand.

JK. I am not familiar with that term. I can say the image is not reversed...
It screws on clock-wise and unscrews counterclockwise.

Right hand thread, thank you! It just looks funny in the picture I guess. Nice looking brush! :thumbsup:

Very nice! I had a feeling you'd like the finest knot. They have enough backbone for hard soaps and work equally well with cream, and best of all they feel good on the skin. What's not to like?

Top Bottom