What's new

12k naniwa gouken kagayaki

Just wondering as i cant read the language and i cant find instructions.... is this stone wet and use or soak first

Attachments

• B7CBAAAF-0E3E-4221-A796-F38003D59EAC.png
    B7CBAAAF-0E3E-4221-A796-F38003D59EAC.png
    964.3 KB · Views: 32
If you can, use google translate app.

according to cktg “12K - This a splash and go stone so it must not be soaked.”

Their notes on the superstone 3k though are much more clear

“This is the new version of the Naniwa Super Stone with new packaging. They are made with a new resin bond and a tighter control of grit particle size. This bonding agent gives the stones two distinct advantages. First, the resin bond allows for a higher concentration of abrasive particles compared with less expensive methods of stone bonding. The higher abrasive levels contribute to the speed and ease of sharpening. Second, these resin bonded stones don't require soaking in water prior to use, just a sprinkle on the top is all that is needed. Do not soak these stones!

Do not forget that these are true splash-and-go type stones and must not be soaked under any circumstances. Just apply a slight sprinkle of water and you are ready to create that super edge you’ve been dreaming about!”

Not trying to pile it on rsbcebu but a good learning point. You have to know where you are getting your information. If it is a known stone guy you are most likely good but if not take it with a grain of salt. The instructions say "Do Not Soak" they put that information on the packaging for a reason. Soaking a splash and go stone could ruin it!

Thank you for the replies just needed to know before all my stuff arrives and wanted to make sure...excellent just wet and go :) i like that it comes with a holder and the holder has a draining system

I have rigarazor and sergi finishers all his hand made razors on the stone you mentioned. All I can say is very smooth edges I was very impressed with the finish and feel if smoothness on my face during the shave . Good choice 👍

^^^
Although it is a splash & go, Sergej has an interesting way of achieving those fine edges.
This is not a recommendation, just what he told me. If you try it and it melts your stone, don’t hold me responsible.
In his words.
” During the finishing I add water a lot on the stone , sometime I keep the finishing stone under stream of water all finishing time . All strokes without pressure too :)

Ymmv

Last edited:
Just used my Gouken 12K for the first time today. I got the 20mm thick version, and it's pretty impressive. Super polisher, and I can pop hairs far out from the hold point. Sergej puts a nice edge on his razors, and i'm anticipating a nice shave today.
BTW, definitely improved the edge over the 10K 20mm SuperStone..

Top Bottom