What's new

007 Razor OSS and SOE issued razor

I was looking around for info on WWI Kahki sets and found this place http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/compass.htm They have WWII espionage related items for sale. Way out of my price range but I might be tempted to pull the trigger if you get a license to kill with it. Would be better if they made the razor shoot bullets or blow up or something. OSS became the CIA and the SOE was Churchill's bad boys. Wonder what else came in the naughty package?

Really I must do something about this RAD thing Hey is there an addiction to naughty packages ok I must go off to bed

SOEC-009
WWII "Naughty" Concealed Compass Razor Kit
This is a Camp X OSS issue Gillette name brand razor in a custom-designed "naughty" package with two concealed magnetic razor blade compass in the original wrapping and package.
This is a very well built padded Khaki Set. It is US Army Property marked on a silver stencil on the inside cover.
This concealed razor blade type of compass is described on a page of the MI9 book Per Ardua Libertas, cited above. The Brits also used Gillette marked products in the SOE "Naughty" packaging.
It is very likely there is also a concealed silk map sewn into the double wall case, but the stitching would have to be pulled to check. It was not uncommon to include an escape map with these types of kits. It is priced as if it does NOT contain a map.
It measures 4-1/2 by 2-1/4 inches closed as shown here, front and back.
The condition is near excellent, as shown. The two "naughty" magnetic and three "dove" (non-magnetic) blades

proxy.php

Beware of these people, I have purchased a 'genuine' item from them, which was a reconstruction/fake. They are hideously expensive and you can often find similar items for less than half their prices. Which is a shame, as they do actually also have some really interesting and undoubtedly genuine items...

I think that If the Khaki Set was mine (I do have one) and I believed it contained E&E maps, I would have carefully slit the stitching at the seam, to look inside...

That is one hell of a kit. I love historic items, I would probably display everything else and use the razor. I can't resist stuff like that. Thank the shaving gods I'm poor, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but Camp X was in Canada, why would they use a made in USA Gillette. I have a Canadian military set from the 30's that comes with a clamshell case and a made in Canada triangle tech. Gillette is known for using many different things, I didn't think the "Khaki" was used in WW II, maybe there is a Gillette expert that can chime in

Camp X was in Oshawa/Whitby, just east of Toronto. I used to arrange private tours of the Camp X museum, when it was on the Oshawa airport. I'm not saying this is legit, but most of the trainees at the camp were foreigners, including many Americans. The location of the camp was chosen to allow Americans easy access to be brought in, as the camp was planned before the US officially joined WWII. That would be a reason to have US stamped razors, as an American spy having a Canadian razor "might" raise questions. I will check my OSS catalog tomorrow to see if the razor kits are listed.

Top Bottom