What's new

Vintage Blades Sandalwood

I didn't feel it was appropriate for me to submit a formal review, as a newbie to wet shaving, but this cream has served me quite well. I think the price is very reasonable considering its quality (which, in my limited experience, is very good). It's a great scent as well. It lathers and protects quite well. I would recommend it.
Jim posted this as a possible secret, indeed it is a great cream. I would consider it as good as AOS, but a little less expensive. I think Edwin Jagger provides a richer lather, but I would use Vintage Blades to replace AOS anytime. More specifically:

Price- At $17 for over 5 ounces it is value priced for a good cream. Less than any other pure sandalwood scent creams that perform as well.

Quality- Top, it has all of the right attributes and no negatives.

Scent- Jim advertises light scent, lasting for the shave. On the plus side, you can use any A/S without conflict. I prefer stronger scents that last for a time after the shave and I match A/S. It goes well with a pure sandalwood balm, though.

Latherability-excellent. Bowl or face gives great lather in one minute. Not as rich as EJ but as good as all of the others.

Efficacy- Provides a lot of lubrication and plenty of staying power for multiple passes.

Moisturizing- As good as anything I have used.

Packaging- Nothing special about the plastic tub, so keep it in a drawer and who cares?

Definitely a cream worth owning if you are a sandalwood fan.

Larry
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability