What's new

Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar

What can i say of Trafalgar...
At first I tried the Shaving cream, and I fell in love with it. So I decided to buy the whole range of products, and I have to say I've no regrets at all.

This cologne is Superlative, it has a very very nice scent and the Cedar notes are something that can't be described.

It has a good staying power on me, especially in these hot summer days.

Well worth the bucks, IMHO. :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
As a fan of "woody" notes (not "woodsy", which to me implies smokiness), I enjoy this from the opening to the finish. The opening note on my skin is surprisingly cedary, fading quickly to cedary/floral, the middle a balanced combination of both, and the finish is a musk-reinforced cedar/woody wonder. Had I the skill I would have made this one for myself from scratch.

The most remarkable feature is how well the musk is used to reinforce the woodiness rather than supplant it, given the usual scent-life of both components. I have no idea how they make the cedar hang on that long, but they do manage.

If you're an old-formulae Old Spice guy and would like to take a big step up, I think you'll be happy you did.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
This is what Heaven smells like.

I love this cologne, but as was already mentioned: less is more when it comes to this scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Got this in a sampler pack so I gave packaging and atomiser an "8" though I really have no idea. :redface:

To me it really smells like the forest floor back in Canada...not sure if it's cedar or pine or what but it really smells natural, woody, and fresh. I do find however that if you over-apply there can be harsh notes of something you would find in Indian cooking...cumin perhaps? Staying power is quite good (most of the day for me). I really like this overall for it's naturalness - like a good hike in the spring forest! :biggrin:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I rarely think about scents and came across this while at The Perfect Shave in Glasgow. I love it. Xly masculine and complex, this doesn't actually smell like a manufactured perfume, more like some exotic and expensive natural product. Not for everyone, but I'll definitely be buying it when the budget allows.
I agree with Scotto. A very nice scent. Just wait until ashford.com has a sale and you can pick it up for less than $50.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
T&H makes a number of good colognes, but Trafalgar is really in a class by itself. I think it is the last cologne in their series that hasn't undergone some "updating", which to me means a dumbing-down of the classic, masculine scents that T&H has been known for

Price
The price from T&H ($65 for 100mL) is on the moderate/expensive side, but deals at Ashford.com can often be found

Quality
All the T&H colognes are made with care, and are quite consistent. With the exception of the atomizer (see below), this is a high-quality product

Packaging
Nicely presented, frosted glass bottle enclosed in a colorful cardboard box. Very traditional and nice.

Scent
Basenotes has a very terse listing: Jasmine top notes with spice, sandalwood and cedar heart notes. However, this is a powerful, complex scent. Hard to describe in words, but if you like spicy/woody scents, you will like this. For some reason I associate this scent with my father; not that he ever wore this as I was growing up, but whatever it was he did wear had the same sort of masculine, heady notes.

Complexity
Quite complex to my nose. Doesn't change much through time, but what is there is very complex and hard to identify.

Staying Power
This can be a powerful scent, and stays around most of the day. It definitely falls into the "less is more" category if you don't want to offend others.

Atomizer
I just hate T&H atomizers. They are flimsy little turds on top of what are otherwise nice bottles. They are uncomfortable, don't stay primed, and look like they are going to fall off at any moment.
Top Bottom