What's new

Tom's of Maine - Crystal Confidence roll-on deodorant

Tom's of Maine 'Crystal Confidence' is a roll-on style of mineral salt deodorant along the same lines as the popular, all-natural deodorant Crystal.

Basically, what you get from this deodorant is a potassium-alum and zinc based "bacteria killer". It essentially works to modify the environment in your armpits so that odor-causing bacteria can't grow there.
Unlike traditional anti-persperants and deodorants, this is a basic and natural product. It doesn't contain the aluminium products that may potentially cause the littany of health problems which most popular deodorants are alleged to cause... this is important to some people, including me. I'd much rather use a natural product.

Tom's 'Crystal Confidence' has gotten some poor reviews on other sites, but I find that it actually works very well! The trick to this type of deodorant is to apply it when you're bathed and clean, and make sure you get it over the entire armpit. If you miss a spot, you'll figure it out in the middle of your workday... so make sure you get it everywhere in your underarm!

It was 103 degrees in the desert southwest today, and this deodorant didn't let me down. It hasn't yet, and I've been using it for about a month. I've been using the Crystal for about a year, prior to this. The Crystal works great for me. The thing about the Crystal is that it has to be moistened prior to use, which generally isn't a problem... except... I store it without the lid so it can dry out... and over time it has left a deposit of salt product on the spot where it sits in my medicine cabinet. 'Crystal Confidence' doesn't have that problem. There is no need to wet it, so I find it less messy than the Crystal. Don't get me wrong, the Crystal is a great product, but it has its idiosynchracies.

Crystal Confidence is not an anti-perspirant, so you will sweat. But for someone like me, who doesn't generally have major problems in the sweat and BO areas, this stuff works great. It might even work for people who sweat a lot. In my opinion, sweating is natural... not sweating is not... but this is largely a preference issue and some people just don't want the sweat stains showing up in their pits. In that case, you need to bite the bullet and either wear an undershirt, or use an inferior and potentially toxic product (my opinion). Application of talc can absorb some of the sweat, but even in my case, sweat shows up in the pits when I apply talc. That's a sacrifice I am willing to make so that I can use a natural product.

This product has worked well in my case. And it is natural and safe, which is important to me.

Its a good alternative to the Crystal because its not as messy, but in the long run it is probably more expensive because it probably won't last as long.

Still, a great product!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing