What's new

T&H 1805 balm

Tested this ASB from my T&H sampler pack. The scent is very discreet, almost none-existent to my noise, I wish it had a stronger scent. I did find this balm to be fairly moisturizing and it lasts all day for me. Too bad it's so pricey.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
not as good as the cream
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
This balm has that nice light 1805 scent so it doesn't overpower a cologne if you decided to wear one. But as a balm I didn't like this at all. It was way too heavy and greasy and did absolutely nothing for razor burn. It does moisturize pretty well but there are a lot of others at cheaper prices that do better.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Best scent I've smelled so far. It doesn't have much of a cooling sensation, but I don't consider that a downside. I have other balms that do, but during the winter (and I write this when it's freezing outside) I definitely don't want a cooling ASB on my skin.

My dry skin needs moisturizing, and this ASB works very good in that aspect.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Wow, I'm surprised to read the reviews above. The 1805 AS Balm I use comes in a different bottle. A clear bottle with a red label. Maybe a new presentation. Anyhow, I really, really love this stuff! It's worked wonders for my skin. I could never go ATG because the next day my face would look terrible. I used to suffer from what looked like folliculitis. However, after using this balm, I no longer experience this. I can go ATG, apply this balm, and be fine the next day!!! :biggrin: I will continue to buy this badboy for as long as they make it! I'm finally excited to have found a balm that works for me!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Not a fan. Heavy, oily, doesn't work well... blech! Smells nice though....
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I would rate this balm as just "okay." I have not had much luck with T&H balms, they seem to create more irritation than stop it. I tried the luxury balm and found it horrendous in smell and in efficacy , the 1805 balm is not so bad when used in a small quantity, but it does not provide that soothing sensation that I associate with a good a/s balm. The first time I used it, it created more irritation and left me with blotches and itchiness. It is not the lanolin, as I use many products with lanolin and I am quite fond of the stuff. I have used it again a few times and it didn't irritate me as much. I only use it after a good shave and I don't have much irritation already. The smell though is out of this world good.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I did not like this balm. It was too heavy for my skin.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Like said in the short description. Good stuff, I personally don't need to use any cologne with it as I've applied it about 9 houors ago and can still smell it. All in all I like the stuff. A good addition to MY cabinet.

Regards
Alexander
Top Bottom