What's new

St. Charles Shave Blue Line After Shave Balm

After using Blue Line splash and balm together for awhile, I'm impressed with this pair of products. Blue Line balm is different than the splash in a number of ways, but the products complement each other very nicely.
View attachment 148160

There is no alcohol in this balm, but it contains enough menthol to give a mildly bracing effect. The fragrance, to me, smells very similar to the SCS Avocado Oil balm with a tad more menthol. This fragrance is present much more so in the balm than the splash. The fragrances blend well---producing a fresh, clean smell that's really different, but nice. As was mentioned in a review about Avocado Oil balm, its like a hint of fresh melon. Someone please help me if there's a more accurate way to describe it. At any rate, both the menthol and mild fragrance fade quickly.

As far as efficacy...this one works for me. Some like creamy, mild balms to soothe irritation, others prefer hardcore alcohol+menthol formulas to fight it. This is a marriage of the two---a very pleasant one.

If you like the idea of having an old-school alcohol+menthol after shave that pops your eyes open and stuns insulted nerve-endings into silence BL Splash is terrific. If you want a soothing, pleasant mentholated cream AS, BL Balm is terrific. If you can't decide what you like, join the club. Then put one of each on your shelf (for less than a single bottle of many other aftershaves!)

As always, this is Made-in-the-USA quality from SCS. Their products always seem to pack pleasant surprises.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)