What's new

Sex Appeal by Jovan

Item Description

As part of trying some of the older colognes and brands, I picked up a bottle of the Sex Appeal cologne/aftershave (splash) today at Walmart for $14.00. I was hoping they would have the cologne spray but they didn't, and now I can't wait to find the cologne spray.

This is some very decent juice at any price. Described as a woody oriental patchouli on other reviews, call it what you will, I smell leather (a bit) and spice in addition to the above; it's got a very nice complexity. Drys down to a sandalwoody, dry (not sweet) spice.

Contrary to it's reputation, it is not overbearing in it's cologne/aftershave splash version. The splash is definitely not meek in it's intensity, but it stays close to the body. Some might consider this only for Fall and Winter wear, however, I think the splash version is perfectly fine for occassional use in Summer (to spice things up so to speak). The staying power gets a 5 in this version, but I would expect the cologne spray to last longer.

I remember when this came out in the '70s, but back then, I always chose the Jovan Musk instead. I prefer this manly brew head and shoulders over the musk now. I even gave the packaging a high mark for capturing the 1970's (in it's tacky glory) so well!

Highly recommended.

Latest reviews

Sex Appeal is one of the better Jovans. That said, I can't really recommend buying this. It's inexpensive at around $15 - $20 for a splash bottle. The scent is basically a patchouli/cheap Oriental. It wouldn't be bad if the notes weren't so alcoholic and harsh. The packaging goes down as the worst in history. It's so bad, it's almost good. But only almost - I can't take looking at that crammed type and gaudy blue for more than a second. Despite its cheapness, it is complex, there are some twists and turns and a somewhat smooth drydown, although of what, I couldn't tell you. I think this is mostly in splash bottles, so no atomizer. You'll get a little mileage out of Sex Appeal, especially for the five hours of longevity it holds, at least for me. But why not opt for something better?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
As part of trying some of the older colognes and brands, I picked up a bottle of the Sex Appeal cologne/aftershave (splash) today at Walmart for $14.00. I was hoping they would have the cologne spray but they didn't, and now I can't wait to find the cologne spray.

This is some very decent juice at any price. Described as a woody oriental patchouli on other reviews, call it what you will, I smell leather (a bit) and spice in addition to the above; it's got a very nice complexity. Drys down to a sandalwoody, dry (not sweet) spice.

Contrary to it's reputation, it is not overbearing in it's cologne/aftershave splash version. The splash is definitely not meek in it's intensity, but it stays close to the body. Some might consider this only for Fall and Winter wear, however, I think the splash version is perfectly fine for occassional use in Summer (to spice things up so to speak). The staying power gets a 5 in this version, but I would expect the cologne spray to last longer.

I remember when this came out in the '70s, but back then, I always chose the Jovan Musk instead. I prefer this manly brew head and shoulders over the musk now. I even gave the packaging a high mark for capturing the 1970's (in it's tacky glory) so well!

Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
BCatl
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from BCatl

Top Bottom