What's new

Royall Mandarin

Item Description

I have just started taking an interest in colgones, so my knowledge and vocabulary is not on par with those of the more experienced reviewers, but this was a nice scent that had no reviews so I decided to enter one. I like citrus scents and Royall has a good reputation, so I bought a "mini" bottle of the Mandarin, which was somewhere between 2-3 ounces and came with a shaker top. The top is cheap plastic and the threads don't match the bottle very well, so you have to be careful putting the the cap back on. I was disappointed with the quality of the packaging, considering that the Royall line is pretty pricey.

The cologne itself it fairly nice. I won't go into topnotes, basenotes, etc., because I don't have that much experience yet and I don't want to give an inaccurate or misleading review. It will take some time to train my nose. But I can tell you what my overall impression was and leave you to decide from there. My overall scent impression was that of mulling spices, which generally include clove, cinnamon, allspice, and orange peel. I happen to like mulling spices, and mulled wine and cider, but they remind me strongly of winter and I did not find this as light a scent as I expected. It remained strong for about 2 hours with dabs on my neck, wrists, and chest, and settled to a subtle level that stayed with me throughout the day. I could smell it faintly on my shirt the next morning.

I'm undecided as to whether to spring for a larger bottle of this, but if you're looking for a somewhat heavier citrus scent, give this a try.

Latest reviews

I've been using this little gem mainly as an Aftershave.

Like any Royall product, it's a bit expensive. I was lucky to find 0.5 ounce bottle so I could try it for cheap. The product by itself is good and works well.

I do need to add a bit of water otherwise I would be on fire! The scent is not complex as Mandarin is the only element that I can detect but that's all right with me.

Staying power got a very good note as my other half is able to identify the mandarin at the end of the day. I don't smell it myself but she can so it's good!

I don't know if I would buy it again. I'm usually not a fan of fruity AS/colognes. I bought that one as I already had the Bay Rum coming (combined shipping). I liked it but I prefer more traditional 'barbershop' scents!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I have just started taking an interest in colgones, so my knowledge and vocabulary is not on par with those of the more experienced reviewers, but this was a nice scent that had no reviews so I decided to enter one. I like citrus scents and Royall has a good reputation, so I bought a "mini" bottle of the Mandarin, which was somewhere between 2-3 ounces and came with a shaker top. The top is cheap plastic and the threads don't match the bottle very well, so you have to be careful putting the the cap back on. I was disappointed with the quality of the packaging, considering that the Royall line is pretty pricey.

The cologne itself it fairly nice. I won't go into topnotes, basenotes, etc., because I don't have that much experience yet and I don't want to give an inaccurate or misleading review. It will take some time to train my nose. But I can tell you what my overall impression was and leave you to decide from there. My overall scent impression was that of mulling spices, which generally include clove, cinnamon, allspice, and orange peel. I happen to like mulling spices, and mulled wine and cider, but they remind me strongly of winter and I did not find this as light a scent as I expected. It remained strong for about 2 hours with dabs on my neck, wrists, and chest, and settled to a subtle level that stayed with me throughout the day. I could smell it faintly on my shirt the next morning.

I'm undecided as to whether to spring for a larger bottle of this, but if you're looking for a somewhat heavier citrus scent, give this a try.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Emmett
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...
Top Bottom