What's new

QED Chocolate shave stick

This review is spot on. When I used this soap I had no idea how slick and dense the lather would be. It's fairly hard to believe. The scent is good - not as chocolatey as I'd hoped, but still quite nice. But the lather is just outstanding.
I really am shocked that I will be the first one reviewing this soap. I know not all of Charles' soaps have reviews on here, but this one, to me, stands out that much, that I thought it would be good to get this up.

First off, anybody familiar with Charles' soaps will already know most of the story here - the consistency of his products is pretty well established. For those of you who have not yet sampled his wares, you need to. I covet his soaps like I do my triple milled soaps. No, they aren't the cheapest, and no, they aren't triple milled, but the only thing I have found that they would lack in a head to head with a triple milled soap is the longevity.

Price: This is one of Charles' pricier soaps. It is only available in stick form, and runs $12, which is the same price as a full-size tub in some of his other scents. That said, will I buy another when mine runs out? Absolutely. His prices are a bit higher than most other glycerin soaps, but they are almost all exclusively essential oil soaps, and packed full of 'em, so well worth the cost.

Quality: It is a QED soap. That, for me, has almost become synonymous with quality. Great stuff. I haven't been disappointed with the quality yet of one of his soaps.

Scent: Heavenly chocolate. Just smelling the stick doesn't do this justice. The scent of the stick and the scent of the lather differ a bit. One you start to whip up this lather, it is like you are smearing chocolate mousse on your face. If Lindt made shaving cream or shaving soap, it would smell like this. I can't tell you if there are any other notes in this - I was distracted too much by the chocolate scent! I wanted to give this a 20, but the scale only goes to 10.

Lather: Be prepared, the soap is a dark brown, and your lather is a light brown. I rubbed the stick liberally on my face, then went at it with my Chubby 1 in best. The lather exploded! Again, no different than any other QED soap. I did notice that this soap might need a bit more water than his others to keep it from drying on your face, which is the only reason it got an 8 instead of a 10.

Efficacy: Works great, gave me a great shave with my Slant.

Moisturizing: It didn't feel as moisturizing as others I have used. As I said, it took a bit more water than others I have used. That being said, I always follow up with a balm, so this isn't as big of an issue for me. Now I need to find a good Chocolate AS balm!

In sum, this is an overlooked gem in the QED treasure chest. This is a soap that you use to not only get a good, close, comfortable shave, but for a unique, blissful treat of an experience. It might just even coax that significant other of yours into trying out the wonderful world of wet shaving, if for nothing else than to experience shaving with chocolate!

This review can be discussed here.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing