What's new

Proraso Shave Cut Gel

Pros: Works reasonably well
Cons: Very overpriced
I don't get it. It didn't work nearly as well for me as a basic styptic pencil. The tube contains a very small amount and is more difficult and less effective to use.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
This one great product!

Tried a few styptic pencils but none of them worked as well as this little bugger. I just take the smallest dab I can and rub it into the weeper/cut and there is a small sting and the bleeding is gone.

Much more effective than ordinary alums and stings way less.:w00t:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Out of all my styptics (liquids included) this has to be the worst product I have. Powdery white residue reminds me of the old days of sticking toilet paper to cuts. Makes one look like a leper. Yes it doesn't sting, but it does not stop the weepers as well as other brands either. In Australia, we have a product by Wahl which also has vitamin E which much better and you get twice the quantity for the same price as the proraso. My good old Bardsley's Liquid Styptic works and smells better in every way. IMHO use something else or better yet, get yourself a decent alum block.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I'll just add my two cents to an excellent review. Had I written the first review of this, my words and thoughts would have been verbatim. Just allow me to second everything, and add that what impresses me the most about it are its ability to completely seal cuts like Crazy Glue, yet without the sting of a styptic pencil. I've also experienced the white residue, and have decided that for the most part, the delivery of this product makes you use more of it than you need, hence, the residue. But it is washed off with aftershave or balm. One complaint would have to be that eventually, this product can congeal and "gunk up" the tube opening. Otherwise, a really neat product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
I'm not sure if this review fits in this category, although it is technically an aftershave product.
The gel is intended to stop bleading caused by small shaving cuts, just like a styptic pencil. It does this very effectively, even more so than a styptic, since the gel leaves a thin layer on the spot where you put it.
It is extremely economical; I apply a tiny amount mixed with a couple of drops of water. The main advantage compared to using a styptic is that it stops bleeding more efficiently, and also, unlike the styptic, seems to cause no (or much less) pain when applied.
It does contain some moisturizing agents, but as I have never used more than the tiniest of amounts, I am not sure about its efficacy in this area. I wouldn't put it all over my face anyway, so its moisturizing properties are not that important.
It does have the classical green Proraso scent, and contains eucalyptol, although the scent is not as overwhelming as the cream or pre/post, due to the small amounts used.
The only problem I have encountered with this product is that it can leave a white residue on your face when it dries. This happens if you apply too much. One can either rinse it away when it's dried, or use more water when applying it. If you put a balm or splash on top, it will also help to dissolve the white residue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)