What's new

Pitralon Classic (aka German Pitralon)

Pros: Everything
Cons: Can't say anything, really
It is an excellent product! My friend bought this in Germany, for me, and it was really cheap. Sometimes it can be found for less, if it's on a discount. It comes in a glass bottle, with narrow opening, so pouring is dropwise. Overall nice. It fights razor burns very efficiently. First time using was after bad razor/blade combo, and all burn was gone after 5 min. It's cooling, not extremely like green Proraso, but it lasts very long. Scent. I like it. Moisturizing is impressive, for an alcohol based AS. You don't need balm after. Burn. If shaving was rough it can bite, but most people likes that. Only down side (maybe), I'm using a lot. Sometimes I'm putting it on two or three times after shaving
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, packaging (glass bottle), price
I recently bought a few bottles of Pitralon Classic (recommended by a fellow wetshaver). At Drogerie Müller, I paid 4 euros for a 100ml bottle.

Quick summary: I love this aftershave! Great scent, and great face feel.

Pitralon Classic has quite a long lasting scent, but not very strong. I would describe it as woody and spicey. It's a masculine scent, but not in an overpowering way.

There is hardly any alcohol sting when applying, but it leaves a nice powdery feel on my skin afterwards (a good thing). I don't know how well it handles razor burn, since I usually don't suffer from that.

I would really recommend this aftershave, especially when you can get it at German store prices (4 or 5 euro per bottle). But even when you have to pay more (say around 8 euro), it is certainly worth the price.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: scent quality
I paid € 12 for a 100 ml bottle, that comes down to about $ 16. Middle of the road for me: it's anything but expensive, but it is also not among the cheapest. A very fair prize. The best part: it's scent. A light scent of woods, pine and slightly sweet. I really like this. If you love scents that has wood, pine, moss, cedar and the likes in it then make sure to try Sir Irisch Moos as well as Pino Sylvestre. It has a good cooling effect, not too much, not too little. It has alcohol in it, in those cases I don't fill in anything(rating=1).A solid 9, all in all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I went shopping in Aachen last weekend and this was one of them I brought home.

Ingredients: Alcohol, Aqua, Parfum, Menthol, Panthenol, PEG-60 Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Sodium Lactate, Linalool, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionene, Citral, Eugenol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, CI 47005, CI 15510, CI 19140.

Price: In the grocery chain stores (I bought mine in DM) it is a real bargain. I think I paid something like 4,5€ for 100ml.

Quality: Although there is some truth in the saying 'you get what you pay for', this AS is proof of possible exceptions to the rule.
A good AS doesn't have to be expensive to be good and an AS is not automatically 'cheap' just because the price is low as long the scent is distinct. (see Scent)

Fights razor burn: I think Proraso splash and the Floïd AS are better at this point, but albeit it does it job well.

Cooling Sensation: Same here. It cools, but not as excessive as Proraso for example.

Scent: 'Cheap' AS do have the tendency to have a scent of thirteen in a dozen. Especially those 'sport' AS. Not here.
It is a distinct and refined fresh, spicy and woody (ceder) scent that simply isn't cheap. To be used on any occasion without to be worried it would be recognized as a cheap drug store AS.
It does tend to linger a bit so you better don't use it with a cologne that has a scent of a different category.

Efficacy: It feels good. It smells good. What is there more to say?

Moisturizing: My Italian hair lotion does contain lots of panthenol and does give my hair a good treat. Apparently it does the same with my skin. My experience is that the cheaper proven products tend to do better in this area then the more expensive products of big perfume brands.

No alcohol burn: It does contain alcohol as it main ingredient so you can expect the nice self mutilating sting.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Very nice stuff. Here in Germany, you can buy it at every mall for 5€.
Gotta love Germany...

The scent is extremely natural and woody. You can just smell the deep green trees and its wood.
Great lasting power and extremely, I mean extremely cooling.
I accidantly applied too much and really got cold :lol:

The ingrediants are not as "nice" as they are in Speick
but they still are very good and will do your face no harm :001_rolle
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I bought some of this in Germany recently, under 5€. Amazing stuff, great cooling and long lasting scent. Up there with Speick, absolutely.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Fantastic stuff.

Tingles like crazy. Smells like Absorbine muscle rub when applied.

The scent matures to smell like The Body Shop cream after about 3 hours.

Makes my face lovely and smooth.

I bought it for $19.50 at Smallflower.com. great retailer BTW.

buy it right now!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I'm a bit dissapointed about this product : scent is ok but doesn't last for long at all, cooling sensation is not present at all, no moisturizing at all....the only good thing is the price +- 4 Eur
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I got a decant of this and some Swiss Pitralon at the same time. At first I didn't like the scent of the Swiss Pitralon, but liked its moisturizing and healing properties. So I started using the Pitralon Classic to see if it might be close to it, and it is. Man oh man is this good stuff!

Pitralon Classic has an altogether different scent that Swiss Pitralon, is a tad less moisturizing than SP, but is just as healing.

Price - I gave this a 10 b/c if you find an online vendor that ships to the US (good luck w/that) they're selling for about $10US for a 150ml bottle. Very good for this kind of quality. The tough part is 1) finding it and 2) finding it being sold by someone that will ship to the US. I was fortunate enough to find a US member stationed in Germany that was willing to send me a couple bottles of the stuff.

Quality - Another 10. I've only had my new bottle for about 2 weeks now (after quickly using my decant) and I find myself reaching for it over my Boosters, Pinaud, and Masters aftershave splashes.

Razor burn - I've been trying a few new razors lately and I have had some razor burn on my neck. I think this stuff might contain some menthol, and the cooling and alcohol content takes care of what little rb I've had.

Cooling Sensation - Like I said before, I think this stuff might have some menthol in it. I'm sure much less than Aqua Velva, probably just shy of the amount in Italian Floid as it's not quite as cooling as Floid.

Scent - I personally think this stuff has a great scent. Like Swiss Pitralon, it's probably a love/hate scent, and it does tend to stick around a bit. So those that prefer aftershaves that don't linger won't like it. But those who don't use a true cologne and prefer the scent of their aftershave to stick around a bit (like me), will like the staying power of this scent.

Efficacy - This stuff works wonderfully for me. I like the powdery feel afterwads, the lingering scent, the light cooling sensation and the excellent healing properties. This stuff is more healing than any other alcohol splash I've used except for Swiss Pitralon (and they're even).

Moisturizing - Instead of providing a significant amount of moisturization for an alcohol splash (like SP or Musgo), Pitralon classic leaves me w/just barely enough. I'd say half the time I follow it w/an unscented balm, while the rest of the time I don't need one. It's more akin to Italian Floid in that it leaves you w/a nice powdery feeling afterward.

No Alcohol Burn - Gave this a 9 b/c I like a bit of a burn, but not all the time (or else I'd using nothing but my Pinaud Bay Rum). Some gents prefer a burn while others don't, so to give the best description, this stuff burns just a bit more than Boosters aftershaves, but much much less than Pinaud Bay Rum. Probably inline w/most American alcohol + glycerin aftershaves like Masters and the like.

Lastly, would I buy it again. Heck yeah I would! After trying it I can see why the company hasn't changed a thing about it since it's inception. This really really is great stuff. I'm still trying to track down some Swiss Pitralon as well, but it's German counterpart is just as good, and cheaper!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)