What's new

Pinaud Lime Sec Eau de Cologne

Pros: scent
Cons: none
One of the best lime scents out there. I only have a sample of this, but it was good for about 4 applications. The lime is prominent, but there is also a perfumy musk that is behind it, giving it a balanced scent, not the sweet lime of Avon Island Lime, much more mature and masculine.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: I love the "low cost" after shaves that really do the job.. this is one of them.

Quality: This stuff is great, such a great scent, feel and everything for the price.

Sent: It's in my TOP 3 of all time! There is just something about this scent that i love! Clean, refreshing, citrus! I think some of the guys had it right when they said it smells like a "citrus laundrey detergant"!
If you shave with a fruity/citrus Shave Soap or Cream and then end your shave with this stuff, wow! It's the ultimante clean!
I usually use Geo. F Trumpers "Limes" SkinFood after i splash some of this on and man! It just does wonders for my skin.
This is a every day and most certainly the best summer after shave out there! Im a fan! :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
My wife picked this up for me. It was either buy this and get free shipping or pay for shipping. I'll take it. Now I had heard people call this lemon pledge or lemon cleaner so I was a little skeptical. On to the review...
Price: In line with other Pinaud products. Large bottle at a reasonable cost for what you get.
Quality: As to be expected from Pinaud.
Fights Razor Burn: Not great but not bad. You get some relief, kinda takes the edge off.
Cooling Sensation: You get some cooling from the shave. This performs well though when liberally splashed on the upper body. Refreshing.
Scent: Some lime with a large dose of lemon and a slight chemical smell. I won't call it lemon pledge but someone with a sensitive sniffer would probably. Very citrus.
Efficacy: Well the scent doesn't last long and really only lingers shortly after the application.
Moisturizing: Didn't find it to moisturize or dry out.
No alcohol burn: You get some but not as bad (good in book) as say the Bay Rum.

Bottom line... This stuff is OK and has a mildly pleasing scent. Lime isn't the first thing I think of but it is present. If you are looking for a clean and fresh lime scent look elsewhere.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
The reviews look great so I am looking forward to my order of it. I'll report back on my results later!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I really like this scent. In the bottle and once on your face you are treated to a nice, lime scent that really wakes you up.

The incredible alcohol burn also helps in that department. This aftershave packs a pretty good sting. I like the feeling so it's a big problem, yet I have to admit this has more bite than any of my other aftershaves.

The scent is nice, not quite true limes and not quite that awful "candy-lime smell". If a fresh cut lime is "1" and a piece of lime candy is a "10", then this scent would score a "4" in the continuum. Once the initial strong lime scent fades it settles into a citrus and talc aroma. At least to my nose and chemistry.

I have one complaint, the scent doesn't last long. Clubman lasts practically all day on me, this one is gone in a too short time. I would like the top note of lime to last more than 15 minutes before it settles into it's secondary, and pleasant, albeit weak, scent.

Still, I will be buying another bottle when this one runs out. I love slapping this on and finishing my morning shave with this classic product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I have been using this for over a year now and I have to admit I didn't like it at first. It was the scent, too sweet IMHO.

Aside from that little issue, it did make my face feel good. For the money it is a good product and scent does last longer than Aqua Velva. If it does not moisturize my skin, it does not dry it out either and if you have a bit of razor burn, it can sooth that out as well. While it does have a slight cooling effect, it does not offer the blast that you can get with Aqua Velva or Mennen Skin Bracer. For the money, this is an excellent product. If it cost half again as much, it would still be a good buy.

What helped change my mind on the scent is that my wife and a pretty lady at work both commented that I smelled good. I can be so easy sometimes.:rolleyes: If they made it more of a tart lime or citrus scent I would have given it a ten. Now, it is a stable of my Friday mornings, which is usually Tex-Mex and margarita night. It helps put me in a fun and expectant mood for the evening ahead.

When I do run out, I will be happy to get more of this stuff.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Wow! What an amazing scent!!

I have been using Pinaud Clubman and Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum for a while, now, and they are two of my favorites. I was looking to try more Pinaud aftershaves, and I got this based on some strong reccomendations on the forums.

I am so happy that I did! First of all, the price is great. I think it was about $9 for 12 oz. That's pretty darn cheap for such a high quality aftershave. I rated the "Fights Razor Burn" at only a 5, and the "Cooling Sensation" as N/A, and the "No Alcohol Burn" as a 4 because this is an alcohol based spalsh. Moreover, it is a Pinaud product. So, be forewarned, it will sting. It's nowhere near the hellfire burn of the Pinaud Bay Rum, but it will sting. I, however, really like the sting of alcohol aftershaves, so I love it.

The scent is what really grabs you. It is such a strong and clean citrus scent, and it seems to last forever! I guess that's why it's labeled as an Eau de Cologne, instead of an aftershave. Even now, six hours after my morning shave, I can still smell it a little. I am absolutely in love with the scent and, now, I am on the hunt for more lime scented products. I can easily see that this will take over the #1 spot in my A/S rotation.

If you like citrus scents at all or, even if you're just curious, I highly recommend you pick up a bottle. It is so very cheap that there's no reason not to. Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed. It will probably become one of your favorites, too.:biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)