What's new

Pecksniff's Fougere

Pecksniff's men's products can be bought online at ebay at much reduced prices although the selection is limited. I bought the Fresh Citrus shave cream (actually, as moviemaniac said, it's really a soap) for $11.99 plus shipping which is about half price.

I think this is a very good soap, maybe not quite as good as the 3-Ts, but right up there with them in quality. If you can get it at the reduced price from eBay it is much better than the others for the money.

PS: I have seen Trumper's on eBay but the price is almost the same as anywhere else.
Price
20£/40$ for 200ml is pricey, but being a soap it should last a while.

Quality
overall a well-made middle-class shaving soap, nothing wrong here.

Scent
The scent of the fougere-soap is a bit faint, but it's noticable and quite nice. It'll be gone within a few minutes after shaving so it doesn't interfere with your cologne.

Lather
While it's not as thick as the lather you get from many top-notch cream out there, its consistency is about the same as you get with most of the glycerine-based soaps. Once whipped (which can turn out to be a bit tricky, as it is the case with most glycerine-soaps) it holds its consistency for a long time.

Efficacy
The soap provides you with a good, close shave although the slickness could be a bit better.

Moisturizing
The moisturizing properties are good, not outstanding, but quite alright.

bottom line
The "Pecksniff's Shaving Cream" is a very strange product. Marketed as a shaving cream (and maybe even based on a cream-recipe) you basically get a glycerine-soap. It's a good performer, upper middle-class I'd say. Packaging-wise you get a sturdy cardboard case containing a plastic container, very similar to the packaging of the CF-cream.
Can I recommend it? Well, if they'd charge you 10-12£ (20-25$), I'd say "heck, yeah, go and get it" but seeing it sets you back 20£ (40$) I advise you to think about investing that much - especially as you get 3 QED/MB/etc.-soaps shipped for the money.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)