What's new

Mistral Sandalwood Bamboo Men's Soap

I was on the hunt for a good moisturizing Sandalwood bar soap at the local Merz Apothecary, and this one seemed to fit the bill. The clerk informed me that their best Sandalwood bar, made by Pre de Provence, has been long out of stock from the supplier, so I chose what seemed to be the next best thing.

Price: 6/10 At $10/bar, this is not the cheapest bar soap around. However, I also didn't find the price to be completely outrageous.

Quality: 10/10 This is a very hard triple-milled French soap. The bar is a generous 250 g/8.8 oz. It should last for quite some time, which is perhaps why I'm not too upset about the price.

Latherability: 10/10 Fantastic. It requires virtually no effort to get a generous lather from this soap. It's not the creamiest lather right off the bar, but a poof or sponge will help in that department.

Moisturizing: 8/10 I tend to have dry skin, and while this bar doesn't noticeably moisturize my skin, it definitely doesn't dry it out. YMMV

Scent: 10/10 Absolutely outstanding. It smelled very good in the store, but in the shower, the scent explodes with intensity. The sandalwood is very true to my nose, similar to Mysore but with a little more masculine assertiveness about it. Rich enough to make you grin from ear to ear, but dry enough to keep it pleasant and not overpowering. The scent subtly lingers on the skin and in the bathroom for several hours. The product description says that bamboo powder was used as an exfoliant, so I'm not sure what scent it provides, if any.

Efficacy: 10/10 It's soap. It gets me fresh and clean.

Packaging: 8/10 Cellophane and a brand wrapper. Very minimal, but that's OK with me.

This is a relatively new line from Mistral, a brand whose products I've never previously explored. The other scents in the line are Cedarwood Marine, Citrus Woods, and Black Amber. As much as I want to try the others, this ridiculously satisfying sandalwood will have to do for now. :biggrin:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)