What's new

Levis 511 (skinny) jeans

I recently realized I hadn't bought new jeans in probably 8 years or so (and I'm 28)! I always by used jeans and have 1 pair at a time for the last couple years. Those days are gone since I went to Dave's in Manhattan. They have Levis for $30-$40 which is $15-$20 off normal price. I thought I'd be going for the 514's since I'm 6'1" and not "skinny" skinny. I tried them on and after a hot summer with my pant legs always rolled up because of the swampy weather in Brooklyn, the 514's just seemed to have too much extra baggage especially around the ankles. I decided I'd try out the 511's with a little extra length, and they slipped on like I've been wearing them for the past couple years straight! They are skinny jeans, but still have some room in a manly way (I don't quite want to look like I'm wearing girl jeans) and are the most comfortable jeans at the same time. I've tried on other skinny jeans and they felt like some sort of bondage pants (too tight around the calves, and groin area). I've had a lot of compliments on my 511's, and plan to stock up on them. Give them a try! Just FYI, there are some bad 511's (fake worn out style, ugly stitching) out there, and a stiffer denim type. I would stay away from those. IMO, stick with the normal jean colors, and get the softer ones that have some stretch to them. I have a pair of the corduroys also and they are so comfortable and don't look like your trying for a 70's revival, though I guess that doesn't have to be a bad thing!! Enjoy!:thumbup:

About some of my rating choices;

I feel if buying full price, they are a bit expensive, but you can always find them on sale or cheaper somewhere so I rated an 8.

I considered the style the packaging

They are an American company, but internationally constructed. It doesn't seem to take away from the quality.

Adam in Brklyn
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish