What's new

J.Peterman 1903 Cologne

I have to disagree with hunter, a little bit. While I think 1903 is a pleasant fragrance, I find it has little or no projection and it's lasting power is only moderate. It is essentially a "skin fragrance" in that it stays close to the skin, and can not be detected at all by anyone two or more feet away. I am no advocate of strong, overbearing fragrances, but this is on the light side absolutely. That being said it is distinctive, masculine and pleasing. I own it and wear it in regular rotation, mostly in the summer, when I think it gives me a bit more longevity.

Only one thing annoys me about this: the bottle is an opaque white, and you never know how much you have left.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Reviewing this cologne simply because the good news must be shared with men everywhere... regretting that men will buy it because I want to be the only one wearing this.....

J.Peterman 1903 Cologne!! **Star Wars theme song starts playing**

Really though, I am going to give an honest review of this stuff from the beginning and my initial impressions. The packaging is not what you'd expect in a cologne, you'd think the packaging held some kind of high-end luxurious watch. Being serious when I say that, others will agree. J.Peterman styling is impeccable. They are proud of their 1903 collection.

Price-- The cologne retails on the J.Peterman website for 45 dollars. I've paid almost twice as much for other colognes, and those scents could only dream of being used as much as I will use 1903. The price is right.

Quality-- Quality is top notch here. I can look for a negative point to discuss but I just can't find one. Which brings me to the atomizer.

Quality of the atomizer-- Some colognes, when you spray them, disperse a heavy volume of spray into a relatively small pattern, and you incidentally put on too much. Not so with this atomizer J.Peterman uses. It disperses a "mist" if you will that really covers a lot of area, so that you will not over-do it easily. Two sprays does the trick on the neck.

Staying Power-- The strongest cologne I have used to date. I sprayed it yesterday around 5pm. When I woke up this morning, I could still detect the subtle hints of this cologne, which is nice. Really, really nice.

Complexity-- I find that after application of the scent, it is sharp for a few minutes until the dry-down. It mellows down, but I have not experienced much complexity in terms of the scent changing, or me detecting different notes. This may be a good or bad thing for some of you who like to smell the different notes, but it's fine for me.

Scent-- This is of course, the real reason we all wear cologne. It is for the scent, the fragrance; to smell good. 1903 hits it out of the ball park with it's scent. It is not common, and can NOT be compared to other scents. It is not "oceanic" like this new designer junk, it's not "axey", and it's not dark and sadistic. It's hard to find the right words to describe it. It is a clean smell, but it is so distinct people will have to double-take you and ask what you are wearing, but people will compliment you if you wear it. It smells GOOD. I can not fathom in my mind someone disagreeing with this smell. Now I know to each his own, but this cologne is like air, I need it.

Overall--

This cologne is a hands-down winner in my book. DON'T BUY THIS!!

I want to be the only guy wearing it. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power