What's new

Hydrasensitive Post Shave Balm

Pros: Moisturezing, Scent, Value,
Cons: May not be the best at soothing razorburn
This review is based on me having finished my 2nd 100ml bottle. (If I were only comparing it to balms within its price range, I'd give it an 8.5/10 overall up from 7/10).

Price: I bought this on special for $8, but it retails for $13.95, so I gave it an 8. It's one of the best supermarket bought aftershave balms I've bought and compared to Nivea's sensitive aftershave balm, this for me, is the winner. It doesn't irritate the skin - which in a product designed and labeled for sensitive skin is important! (I found Nivea's sensitive balm stung quite a bit).

Quality: L'Oreal have done a great job on the quality, both of the product and it's packaging. It's nothing fancy, just a plastic bottle but it's squeezable so you use up most of what is inside. A gentle squeeze gives you just the right amount of product for the face and neck post shave.

Fights Razor Burn: It's quite soothing when it goes on, but can sting just a little initially if there is razor burn. I'm sure there are more expensive products that do a better job of fighting razor burn (Musgo Balsam comes to mind).

Cooling Sensation: There is almost no cooling sensation, but it has a consistency that isn't greasy, oily or runny. It's just right. Goldilocks would like that about it. It goes on matte which is great for those wanting to avoid the shinny skin look. Another plus is that it's not tacky during summer.

Scent: The scent is very pleasant, clean and fresh. It doesn't linger in any interfering way for your cologne or EdT of choice, but if you choose not to wear a scent, you may be able to smell a hint of it throughout the day, which is quite a nice thing.

Efficacy & Moisturizing: I found that the balm moisturizes very well and could improve dry skin within 1-2 days.

No Alcohol Burn: It's alcohol free too, which is nice in a balm.

Overall I'd say this is a great product and for the price, my first choice in aftershave balms available at the supermarkets. If you don't want to spend up on a boutique balm, then this is definitely worth a try. I highly recommend it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)