What's new

Hair Tonic with oil

Pros: Price and Performance
Cons: None
May be the best value for $. Certainly a classic. Exactly what the barber used in my home town when I was a kid.

YOU NEED THIS ONE.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic product! Goes in light, well-groomed look, great barbershop scent
Cons: Have to shake everytime before using
I had an old bottle of Jeris Hair Tonic with oil that I pulled off the shelf and have used the last couple of days. Wow, I have been very pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought it at Sally's years back but hadn't used it much for some reason. I think it was because it looks a little like salad dressing because the oil completely separates from the aqueous portion of the hair tonic. You have to shake it to mix the two components immediately before using. I was always afraid this would just really grease your hair up.

Surprisingly, it goes on light and doesn't weigh down the hair. I think this is because the oil effect is minimized by the alcohol and glycerin in the tonic. It leaves the hair with a nice shine and well-groomed looking. I much prefer this to the Jeris without oil because this gives better control and tames all the flyaways in my hair. The bonus for me is that it has a great powdery, classic barbershop scent. This would smell great paired with Booster Polar Ice aftershave.

The packaging is perfect. It is a tall barbershop bottle with a "miser cap" so you easily just shake out the desired amount. No mess is made.

I'm going to start using this a lot more and highly recommend it. It is a classic product and is carried by Sally's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)