What's new

Guerlain Apre L’Ondee

Item Description

Guerlain Apre L’Ondee

Top Notes: Aniseed, Hesperidic notes, Rose
Middle Notes: Violet, Hawthorn
Base Notes: Iris root

It begins with a powdery iris and anise with some floral. If the rose is there it’s very much in the background. The violet appears but the sweetness is subdued by the powdery iris note. I think this can be gotten away with by men even though it is marketed for women. It’s very understated compared to Bois de Violette and stays close to the skin but blooms out beautifully in the dry down. You may have to spray on more to your desired effect. It evokes a scent of outdoors. It’s like Habit Rouge was mated with Green Irish Tweed and all the wood and leather was removed. This is the best violet I’ve smelled other than Green Irish Tweed. The sillage is okay and longevity typical of Guerlain. It’s like a powdery violet (GIT style) after the rain and definitely smells old like Habit Rouge or Acqua di Parma because of the powder and possibly the Hawthorn. I think this will be my first purchase of an exclusively feminine targeted fragrance. For anyone who likes Green Irish Tweed they should try this one. It's does have the effect of sending you back in time 100 years.

Latest reviews

Guerlain Apre L’Ondee

Top Notes: Aniseed, Hesperidic notes, Rose
Middle Notes: Violet, Hawthorn
Base Notes: Iris root

It begins with a powdery iris and anise with some floral. If the rose is there it’s very much in the background. The violet appears but the sweetness is subdued by the powdery iris note. I think this can be gotten away with by men even though it is marketed for women. It’s very understated compared to Bois de Violette and stays close to the skin but blooms out beautifully in the dry down. You may have to spray on more to your desired effect. It evokes a scent of outdoors. It’s like Habit Rouge was mated with Green Irish Tweed and all the wood and leather was removed. This is the best violet I’ve smelled other than Green Irish Tweed. The sillage is okay and longevity typical of Guerlain. It’s like a powdery violet (GIT style) after the rain and definitely smells old like Habit Rouge or Acqua di Parma because of the powder and possibly the Hawthorn. I think this will be my first purchase of an exclusively feminine targeted fragrance. For anyone who likes Green Irish Tweed they should try this one. It's does have the effect of sending you back in time 100 years.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
vertigo12314
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from vertigo12314

Top Bottom