What's new

Creed Windsor

Item Description

Top Note: Windsor is a tour of the British Empire Edward once ruled. Its top note is British gin, Jamaican lime and a touch of Scottish highland pine.
Middle Note: "Duke of Windsor" roses, those he preferred in his own garden, the Nuits de Young variety.
Bottom Note: Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar and a dab of Australian eucalyptus

I poured about .25ml total for both arms. I noticed a flower smell immediately. It's like roses but different. It almost reminded me of asian lilac green tea I used to drink but on closer smell it's like a pine tree with roses with a fruity smell and a beautiful wood in the background. It seems like a light scent but it really projects. I can see why they charge an arm and a leg for it. I wouldn't pay the full price for a flacon of it but I will keep the last half of my sample for a special occassion. I wouldn't use this everyday. I think it can be worn year round and anytime but only on special occasions. It would not be for work or casual meetings, because of the attention grabbing quality. The pine and wood smell, amazing roses, and the tart lime drink on the top note give it a total British James Bond high class vibe.

Boy this wood is really elegant, light and perfectly balanced. It's not like any other wood I've smelled in a fragrance. The wood is sweet and very light.

Anyone who buys the flacon must be a hollywood star or some important dignitary to wear this. I feel like I need to be in a limousine.

Bottom line: It's like you're James Bond drinking a lime cocktail in a sunny pine forest next to a rose bush reading a book on a fine wood chair. Score 10-15ml and use it on special occasions only like twice a year or even less often.

Latest reviews

Joe Frances;2545340 said:
Fascinating fragrance, but way over the top. The rose is unusual, and the disparate other elements are many and strong. It is very powdery and despite all the hype and the rarity and the attachment to an iconic historical figure of style and stupidity, I didn't like it. As another reviewer said, it would be tough to wear this, unless you were to the be center of attention at a Durbar, or something. Not to the office or a date or to a social event of any kind that I can think of or attend. Fascinating, but not for me-- I will abdicate on this one.

What a great review...
Fascinating fragrance, but way over the top. The rose is unusual, and the disparate other elements are many and strong. It is very powdery and despite all the hype and the rarity and the attachment to an iconic historical figure of style and stupidity, I didn't like it. As another reviewer said, it would be tough to wear this, unless you were to the be center of attention at a Durbar, or something. Not to the office or a date or to a social event of any kind that I can think of or attend. Fascinating, but not for me-- I will abdicate on this one.
Windsor shows that Creed can dig deep and still really create a quality scent.

I'm glad I got this, but would not rebuy it. It's certainly the best engineered fragrance I've ever tried. But I find it tough to wear.

It starts with a bit of pine and subtle lime that shifts into the best rose note I've ever experienced in a fragrance. I'm not so good at analyzing the full dry down, but it seems to be cedar with a hint of orange.

It is to me a very aloof scent. It's not so aloof to be off putting, but it's not warm and cozy.

Projection is low. Sillage is not bad. Wears a bit close. I have no idea if this was truly created for royalty or not, but it certainly wears like it could have been.

It does indeed feel very special to wear this. Highly elegant and clearly heads and shoulders above the average scent for men.

But it's "personality" doesn't make it a scent I grab for much.

I eagerly anticipate the thoughts from the many B&B boys that are in on the Windsor split coming in November.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
vertigo12314
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from vertigo12314

Top Bottom