What's new

Campbell's Liquid Shave Cream

I got a bottle of this stuff from my barber also. It is awesome. I had no problem getting a good lather with the hot water at my residence.
If you can find this stuff its well worth using.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I picked up a bottle of Campbells the other day and was pleasantly surprised. While it's meant to be used in a lather machine it is quite capable of providing a good lather and a great shave by just whipping it up in a mug or directly on the face. I've used it three times with no disappointment. The lather is rich and lasting. The lubrication is more than adequate. The scent is kind of strange but in a non-offensive way. Kinda barber-shoppy actually. I will continue to use this even though I have no idea what in the world it's made of. 100,000 barbers can't be wrong!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I was at the barber shop recently, and I was telling the barber how I was wetshaving now, and I asked him if there was a barber supply store in town (there isnt:mad: ).

He offered me this bottle of Campbell's, however, so I took it. For those that don't know, Campbell's is a liquid cream that is used in your barber's hot lather machine. I had no idea if it would work in the real world, so this morning was an adventure in shaving.

Price: For less than $5 for an 8 oz. bottle, it rivals Proraso for value. You only use a capful, so it should last a long time.

Quality: I can't complain. See rest of review.

Scent: Soapy. No frills here. However, in myself, at least, it evoked a sense of nostalgia, as it smells kinda like a barber shop. Those of you with essential oils on hand can doctor it up to create whatever scent rocks your world.

Latherability: Wow. This stuff was made to go in a hot lather machine, so it blows up in a bowl. Start with a damp brush and add drops of water as you swirl. If you start with a soaked brush, it gets thin and bubbly. I got a thick, slick lather with the damp brush method. See pics.

Efficacy: Yeppers.

Moisturizing properties: It's not loaded with moisturizers, as far as I can tell. The ingredients are not listed on the bottle. It didn't dry my face out, though. My face felt great afterwards.

Packaging: Basic screw-top plastic bottle. This stuff is designed to be mixed with water in a large jug, then added to the lather machine.

PICS:

my equipment:
displayimage.php

One capful:
displayimage.php

10 swirls(!):
displayimage.php

20 swirls:
displayimage.php

40 swirls:
displayimage.php

One swipe on the palm:
displayimage.php

Packaging:
displayimage.php

Overall, I will add this to my rotation, for the nostalgia and simplicity it offers. Go ahead and add a little old-school to your shave cabinet. As always, YMMV.
Top Bottom