What's new

Brut moisturizing A/S Balm

Just when I thought I had all the inexpensive balms I wanted, I finally picked up the Brut because of what I read here. All I can add to what is said, is how surprised I was at how much I like it. Love the scent, love the soothing effect of the shea butter, love the non-greasy feeling it leaves on my face. Have gotten compliments on the scent as well. Goes well with Irisch Moos.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have to agree with most everyone else. I just purchased this stuff, and it is incredible. It is VERY soothing for the price. Many don't like the Brut scent, but the scent is somewhat faint, which is nice. It is nowhere near as strong as the traditional Brut splash-on. The misses likes it too. It is highly recommended.
Although newer to shaving with a double edge blade, I have used a few different aftershave products. I received this as a gift a few years ago from a friend of mine because she liked the smell of Brut. It came with a bottle of spray cologne which I actually used quite a bit. Anyways, I never really got around to using this stuff because I already had some Nivea Aftershave balm. Fast forward to recently. Being new, I still am trying to find what works and what doesn't. I had been using some Nivea balm, but had a particularly bad couple of shaves the past few days so I figured I would give this stuff a shot.

This stuff was great. It definitely did a great job fighting the mass amounts of razor burn I got and cooled my face off in a very smooth way. It went on sticky, but once it dried (which it does quickly) my face felt darn smooth. The smell isn't overpowering, but it is noticeable . I think it could do a better job of moisturizing as it feels dry on the face. Overall, I loved this stuff for it's ability to fight off the razor burn and leave my face cool and smooth.

I highly recommend it to anyone who has suffered razor burn during a shave.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
ClubmanRob;977113 said:
But if you follow it with a splash of regular Brut AS, it turns into something more palatable.

Well, if you splash AS on top of Brut's moisturizing ASB, aren't you negating moisturizing effects? I mean, what's the point of using this balm in the first place then?
This stuff is great! The only thing cheap about this is the price.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
What can I say about Brut ASB that hasn't been said yet? I'm not a blam guy, but I am a Brut man, so I use this ever so often. Mainly when my skin gets a bit dry, but it's always followed by a splash of real Brut AS.

This is to me, a better balm than any of the high dollar balms I've sampled. You want moisturizing? Brut ASB has it. You want cooling and soothing? Brut ASB. You want an alcohol free balm that doesn't go on greasy at a reasonable price? You got it. You want a balm that smells like genuine Brut? Well....

That's where I dock it some points. It doesn't smell like Brut to me in the least. It smells more like a generic shea butter lotion that you pick up at the dollar store. But if you follow it with a splash of regular Brut AS, it turns into something more palatable.

As an aftershave balm, I give it a ten. As a Brut product, I give it a five. That gives us a big 7.5 on the Clubman Rob scale.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
A great product; downside its fragrance.
Simply fantastic!

Very high quality item. This kind of quality usually costs thrice the price, making this one of the better bargains of the aftershave world these days.

I must see if my beloved will allow me to wear this (sadly, she hates it:confused:)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Hi
I live in the UK and cant find this product anywhere. I was away in Athens working and found some in a shop.
Wow, I love this stuff, it takes away any razor burn and leaves my skin feeling smooth, refreshed and hydrated for most of the day.

I have spent a small fortune over the last year on a whole range of products including Harris, The Gentlemens Refinary, Gillette, Nivea etc etc etc. This ranks as my number one, I really like it a lot.

Contrary to what others find about the scent, I love it and also use the anti perspirant under arm stick.

Does anyone happen to know where I can buy it in the UK.

all the best.
I've used this for a few years now and I really love it. It's availability is a super plus!! The scent isn't quite like Brut aftershave but, it is nice. It does perform as advertised though. Your skin just simply drinks it in.:a54:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I just bought the Brut balm and I really like it. You have to be careful not to put on too much however as the smell of Brut is quite strong. It really is a great balm, it moisturizes better than any I have used before and the price was right as well.

I paid $ 7.39 + taxes for my balm ( 110 ML)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
One of the best balms I've used so far. My main AS balms are Speick and Neutrogena Razor Defense. I have Nivea Extra Sensitive but haven't used it much as it just doesn't do it for me. I've also used samples of Trumper's Skin Food and TGR's balms, along with some others I can't recall. Brut seems to do the best of all of them - if they made an unscented version, it's the only one I would buy (unless I find something even better - I haven't yet).

Price: I paid US$5.99 at a Rite-Aid drugstore in WV for mine, but I've seen it for the same price at my local Walgreen's drugstores. Can't be beaten for price unless it was free.

Quality: I haven't bought more than one tube yet, but the one I have appears to be a good product - hasn't spoiled, good package, does what I need it to. Can't comment on consistency from one tube to the next.

Fights Razor Burn: Does this better than Neutrogena Razor Defense and much better than Nivea Extra Sensitive (for me). A little better than Speick AS balm.

Cooling Sensation: Not much of one, other than going from room temperature onto my face, but that is not what I want from a balm.

Scent: I like Brut, so I gave it a high score. YMMV.

Efficacy Says what it does, and does what it says.

Moisturizing: The shea butter helps a lot here.

No Alcohol Burn: I haven't detected any burn when I've used it. I don't recall the alcohol content, if any, but it seems to be low to non-existent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
It seems this is the a/s balm I was looking for all these years, but wasting my money on other crap. It's time tested, doesn't have gimmicky marketing, and is on the bottom shelf if you can find at all. It's what my grandpa used and yes he did work with his hands during the 40's and 50's. Come to think of it, some nostalgia just hit me of the smell of his bathroom...

I digress. Overall, this stuff is BOSS! It works, it's cheap $6 and the smell is faint. It also has a neat effect by re-energizing my Aqua Velva tingle. The other cheapo's don't do that. Go get some.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is no joke, I've used T&H Trafalgar and Nivea cooling balm and this is going to be my main stuff as long as they make it. The price is awsome, the cooling and razor burn protections and soothing is just great and the scent....

....remember when you'd walk into your grandpa or great grandpa's bathroom after he got done shaving and you smelled his after shave and as a child was thinking, "uh uh!!! why would you want to smell like that?!?" Well because you know he was a real man in the 40s and 50s who worked hard for his money, grit and grime, elbow grease and all and why not...and it is actually a pleasant smell to me. I give this as an over all rating a 9.8. No really, go pick it up.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
For the money, you can't beat this stuff.

The only issue with some might be the scent, but I happen to like it. I rotate it with Nivea ASB, but I actually prefer the Brut; I just think it's better.

I highly recommend it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This really effective, especially moisturizing for dry skin.

If I could only stand the scent, this would be in a heavy rotation, and my other favorites cost 5 to 10 times the price of this stuff.

Worth trying, and if you like the smell, you'll have tons of extra cash to spend on other shave booty.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I have posted in many different threads about this product. It is my favorite. It is cheap, readily available, and does its job better than most ASB's that cost much more. This is a product that I recommend everywhere I go.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Not greasy, mildly refreshing, keeps skin soft. Very inexpensive.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is the best & cheap:001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is surprisingly great! It doesn't burn, and is very moisturizing. It isn't greasy, it just does what it is supposed to do. The scent is a classic, and is surprisingly good on me...even SWMBO likes it! Can't beat it for the money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)