What's new

Baxter's Bergamot-Pear Invigorating Body Wash

Agreed. Baxter's was my entry into the manly world of upscale grooming and is still the best combination of price, size and value of any of the American-style "Better Living through Chemicals" school of grooming products.

The Bergamot-Pear Body Wash is one of their better products, richly-scented with a cool purple color and better lather than say, Sharp's.

I do have to say I absolutely despise the new packaging. Baxter's packaging has gone from the epitome of L.A. 1960's Cali Cool to something I would expect to find in the group shower at the County lock-up. A damn shame.

To opine on the question of soap v. gel I would just mention that the main difference between the two in the Baxter's line is that the soap is a glycerin-based soap (as opposed to shea butter, etc.). It is translucent and slick and cool but some people just don't roll with glycerin soaps. For the gel this is obviously not an issue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Baxter's body wash is good product with a remarkable scent. The only thing I have been disapointed in has been the mediocre lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
My favorite body wash bar none. The scent is fantastic, especially when I'm a bit foggy in the morning (which is most mornings.) I use it on a mesh sponge and it doesn't take much product to get a nice, full lather. Ounce for ounce, it's pricey stuff. Once the concentration is taken into consideration, the price is very reasonable.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I got a bottle of this stuff at the same time I bought the shampoo/conditioner and the facial cleanser. This is the first liquid body wash I have ever used, as I was brought up as a bar soap guy.

This has to be one of the best smelling products for men out there - really fresh and nice. I have tried it just lathering up in my hands, and with a washcloth. Both cases produce nice thick lather. I also find this very moisturizing; my skin tends to be very dry, and it makes a noticeable difference. I highly recommend this product.

On a side note, is there something besides personal preference involved in the difference between bar soaps and liquid washes? I am tempted to try out the E-D-A bars next time, as that format is what I am used to.
Top Bottom