What's new

ALEX Shave System

Pros: nostalgia
Cons: nothing at all
I'm sure it's not exactly the same, but I had a razor set just like this back in the mid 60's and I would shave alongside dad. When he graduated to an electric (I'm pretty sure it was norleco) I graduated to a buzzing, battery powered unit. That was never as fun as the shave cream and plastic blade. What a great memory! Just picked this up for my great nephew so he and his daddy can start shaving together!

Just an update, I have a new grandson and I can't wait until he's old enough to enjoy this!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
You will laugh at me, but I discovered that the brush actually makes a very good travel brush. This is what I based my ratings on.

I bought a "Thomas the Tank Car" set as a gift for my girlfriend's 4 year old nephew when we visited CA. When we got down there, I was going to give him the plastic razor and nylon shaving brush as a little present (I nixed the aerosol soap for TSA restrictions).

I gave him the razor, and as I was lathering up some Proraso, I realized that this was a really good little travel brush. A little floppy, and it didn't produce gobs of lather, but what it did whip up was slick, rich, and dense. In fact, I liked this brush miles more than the Body Shop synthetic brush, which gave me a bad case of brush burn.

Well, I gave him the razor and kept the brush for myself. No worries, he was happy enough.

I was so impressed with this as a cheap travel brush that I went back to my local thrift store (they had new kits for $3) and bought a few more to give to my brothers to use as travel brushes. I got a G.I. Joe kit, a Transformers kit, and a Batman kit.

I'm very happy with this little discovery. Pleased as punch.

K.T.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
3.00 star(s)
fantastic, my 2 year old daughter ALWAYS wants me to give her my lather loaded shave brush to play with - not an ideal toy as it is a Rooney Finest 1/2!!! I have to give her SWIMBOs Veet blade-less razor to use.
Alright, so we got this shave system for my oldest son, Chris Jr. (he's 4), for Christmas.

The price was excellent compared to most shaving sets at $11.00! What a deal!

Quality was okay. The brush held a good amount of water and was very soft but, I had a little trouble working up a lather for him. This has got to be the best razor in the world even if it looks like a cartridge! IT NEVER NEEDS SHARPENING! And my son gets a BBS with it, every time!

The mirror is a bit on the small side but, he never uses it anyways. He has a stool so he can use our big mirror. And the comb... well, it's a comb... he likes the shaving cream because it smells like grape gum but, it's really thick and not lathery. It's more like silly string.

Durability... it's indestructible if it can survive my kids!

Packaging. It appeals to the younger ones but, the model needs a pirate eye patch. Depending on how many beers you've had, you may need the missus to open the package as you can't get it undone without slicing a finger or throwing it across the room in frustration.

Usefulness... well, my son will shave for HOURS! All I have to do is provide the lather so, it's pretty useful.

:lol:
Top Bottom