What's new

Al Raz's The Bomb: Boheme

I can't think of a better shaving cream than Al's. Great feel, great shave, and some excellent scents. I have to agree this is a floral that is not too girlie. It is probably the sweetest of the Al's scents, but not in a bad way. The only thing keeping me from buying a full sized jar of Boheme is that I like his Good Fellas and Saigon scents even better.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I realize that I scored all 10's - and that's how I feel about this product at the moment. The consistency of this cream is unlike any other in that it is very sticky and dense. I found that after a few months of Florida heat the cream settled down and became softer and a lot easier to lather. It is rather fragrant yet I didn't notice any tingling and I have moderate sensitive skin. The scent is awesome IMO. Bright floral - rose / lavender. Absolutely lovely.

Scent aside it is called the bomb for a reason.. for the excessive, thick, rich, lather of course. This is my favorite property in that I like long lasting lather with multiple peaks and the bomb doesn't fail to deliver. I like how my brush has tons of lather left over for my last pass and each pass gives my face a thick coating. The water left on my face doesn't dry out the lather on the brush by the last pass like so many others when you're left with a thiner, watery lather by the last pass.

The only negative I could see people not liking is the high glycerin content. Some people with oily skin can interpret this as a greasy feeling. I however have combo skin so the glycerin feels perfect for me. If you don't like it than try Castle Forbes, although in my opinion CF has slightly inferior lather, scent, and price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is my third Bomb scent to try. I started with Saigon, then he made a custom blend for me that will soon be sold under the name Potomac. I wanted something more floral, so I decided on the Boheme - Al hit a home run here!

The scent is floral, but not feminine. It has a great earthy wood quality in the base notes. While not overpowering, the smell certainly fills the shave den as you lather up and go to work. What was most amazing to me is that this is the first cream I've used where I can smell a faint lingering scent almost 2 1/2 hours after shaving--with the Boheme scent this is a good thing!

The efficacy of Al's products are amazing. The Bomb is one of the most cushioning and slickest creams I've found. For the $16 price per tub, it's hard to resist this product.

If you haven't tried the bomb, you are missing out!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I agree with review. I liked the Boheme version so much I have now ordered two additional jars in a different scent. :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've had the opportunity to use a few versions of Al Raz's The Bomb for several months now, in his Boheme version and a custom "Agua de Florida" batch he made just for me. After seeing the lack of reviews on B&B I thought I'd say a few words about this product. Just a note, the best part about ordering a tub of The Bomb is actually the exchange with Al. He answers any and all questions, even lets you know how your particular batch of The Bomb lathered right before he sends it out. Very knowledgeable about his product and definitely has keeping his customers informed and happy at the top of his priorities.

Price: Both tubs were $25 shipped. I consider this very fair price for a handmade and custom product with outstanding customer service.

Quality: Al's dense cream is individually crafted for each batch, and he only used Essential Oils in these versions. All things together lead me to believe that this cream is high quality. He made Agua De Florida custom for me, which I don't see any of the high end cream makers offering, and his cream is at least as good as theirs.

Scent: Boheme is delightfully floral and familiar without being powdery and girly, very manly in a Bohemian kind of way I suppose. I liked it right away. Al's interpretation of Agua De Florida is a unique take on the classic scent which develops over time quite a bit.

Latherability: It took me 2 or 3 times to get the hang of what this cream likes as far as water to soap ratios but once I did, look out. The moist thick lather just wouldn't quit, never dried up, and lasted as long as 3 passes if needed. The texture is very thick and cushions well, while providing glide I've never seen in creams. For this reason I am not a cream guy, but The Bomb is the exception.

Efficacy: It works great, what can I say. Great glide and protection, moisturizes the skin very well, rinses clean. I think it works very well, I get very close and comfortable shaves every time.

Moisturizing Properties: This stuff makes my face feel very nice to the touch for hours after a shave. I often feel as though I don't need a balm or splash afterwards, but I do anyway just to keep consistency in my routine.

Packaging: Comes in a dark brown plastic tub with a black screw lid. Won't shatter, rust proof, keeps the cream moist, no BS. I like it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)