What's new

5 Vegas 'A'

Now on to the ratings.

Price: These can be had for $40 - $60 a box online. I believe they are a Cigars International house brand.

Quality: Constructed well. The wrapper is dark and oily and veins are sparse and small. I've experienced zero burn issues and the draw is on the resistant side of perfect.

Value: These are a value whether you buy them outright at CI prices or try your luck at their auction site, Cigarbid.com. Truly a well crafted stick and a decent price.

Flavor: Unique! Upon initial light up, I immediately get the standard espresso and cocoa flavors, but for a fleeting moment I got something I've never picked up before in any cigar: jalapeno pepper! :w00t:

After getting into the first third a bit, the 'A' settles into a nice, rich, almost swampy flavor. Sounds strange, but it was wonderful. I imagine it's what eating a s'more with a little peat or moist top soil would taste like. Wonderful and disturbing all at once. :wink:

Aroma: The aroma was thick and rich both in passive and direct inhalation. To elaborate, passive being the surrounding smoke and direct being a tiny bit of smoke taken through the nose briefly as the smoke is expelled gently from the mouth. Similar notes of wood, toasted hazelnuts, and dry cocoa powder were experienced.

Packaging: The presentation of these cigars is beautiful. A stark brown Costa Rican Maduro wrapper set against a striking black and gold band and nestled into a Spanish cedar sleeve.

All in all, this is a recommended addition to anyone's humidor. Maduro lovers will marvel in it's unique flavors compared to some of the sweeter or spicier maduros and those less accustomed to the maduro will marvel in its downright tastiness.
Aroma
3.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)