What's new

RR Game changer

Thx THall but's ok I've decided to get him the Karve w a 4" handle. As for the 0.68 plate it's no longer being made... : (
Really?? Too bad. Much as I like the .84 plate, if I'm in a hurry and still half asleep, I'll use the .68 plate every time. Still a very good shave, and little or no risk of ruining a good shirt with a blood stain on the collar from a weeper I didn't notice.

Wow, hope comments on the forums like, “I need a more aggressive gap on the GC because my whiskers are made of nylon” and “Real men only shave with a gap bigger than .80” didn’t kill the .68.

I have both and find the .68 more blade friendly whatever blade you use and a much better daily than the .84. That is a shame.

Really?? Too bad. Much as I like the .84 plate, if I'm in a hurry and still half asleep, I'll use the .68 plate every time. Still a very good shave, and little or no risk of ruining a good shirt with a blood stain on the collar from a weeper I didn't notice.

My thoughts exactly it's the vocal minority who keep wanting a more aggressive plate vs us regular folk who just wants a decent shave without needing the raw feel of blade scraping on skin. That causes manufactures do make stuff that is all performance n zero practicality.

I say if u want that much efficiency n feel just use a straight razor. I mostly just shave in the shower w my eyes closed n the last thing I want is a razor that is too effective.

How do you know?

I initially wanted to get the 0.68 but replies from Tom at IB said the 0.68 is being discontinued n replaced by the 0.84 due to feedback that the 0.84 was just as smooth but more efficient.

Wow, hope comments on the forums like, “I need a more aggressive gap on the GC because my whiskers are made of nylon” and “Real men only shave with a gap bigger than .80” didn’t kill the .68.

I have both and find the .68 more blade friendly whatever blade you use and a much better daily than the .84. That is a shame.

Yup it probably killed the 0.68.
The closest to the 0.68 would be the mamba 0.70... Again a wider gap cos of the vocal minority.

I really wonder how does the 0.70 mamba compare to the 0.68 gc anyway??

So why can you still add it to your wishlist or request an email when it's back in stock at IB?

I've not gotten a single email when the gc was back in stock but perhaps its cos of the mia super knurl handle

Either way the wait, lack of stock the time differences from here in Singapore to North America etc has put me off getting more stuff from IB for now.

Frankly I'm the sort of person who hates to have to queue for anything, worse is waiting in line not knowing when something will be available etc etc I've got better things to do with my time. That's why I went n got 2 karves for my buddy n I.

I still bought 2 0.84 gc, one or myself n another as a gift for my dad but I'm done wasting my time just to get each part to make a perfect razor when all I merely wanted was to have a cheaper shave but also enjoy the the razor more.

The gc 0.84 n karve b should be more than adequate I hope lol

Last edited:
:laugh: Good news guys! The GC68 is still being made. :001_cool:

@mawashi's post was incorrect. :a31:He just threw his rattle out of the pram 'cos he couldn't have it NOW. :lol:

I've attached a screenshot of his mail about the 0.68.

Attachments

• GC 0.68.jpg
    GC 0.68.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
My thoughts exactly it's the vocal minority who keep wanting a more aggressive plate vs us regular folk who just wants a decent shave without needing the raw feel of blade scraping on skin. That causes manufactures do make stuff that is all performance n zero practicality.

I say if u want that much efficiency n feel just use a straight razor. I mostly just shave in the shower w my eyes closed n the last thing I want is a razor that is too effective.
I hear ya. There are mornings when I just slap on some Cremo and do two quick passes. I can't go for a medal in the close shave Olympics every morning. It would be smart for RR to keep the .68 plate, though they do have other good razors for quick but safe shaves. It really isn't much less efficient, but is less likely to draw blood when used sloppily.

I hear ya. There are mornings when I just slap on some Cremo and do two quick passes. I can't go for a medal in the close shave Olympics every morning. It would be smart for RR to keep the .68 plate, though they do have other good razors for quick but safe shaves. It really isn't much less efficient, but is less likely to draw blood when used sloppily.

It's all nice n good if we're still in a slower era where we could wake up have a good breakfast, read the papers have a shower n good shave before putting on a nice suit n going to work.

Now it's barely 20 mins from waking up to being out the door lol.

It's all nice n good if we're still in a slower era where we could wake up have a good breakfast, read the papers have a shower n good shave before putting on a nice suit n going to work.
Now it's barely 20 mins from waking up to being out the door lol.
I disagree with you. It is not about a slower era, in my opinion. It is just about waking up earlier, have a shower and (or "n") shave, have a good breakfast , read the papers (online) and so on.
:001_smile

I disagree with you. It is not about a slower era, in my opinion. It is just about waking up earlier, have a shower and (or "n") shave, have a good breakfast , read the papers (online) and so on.

Yes and no, I barely have 6 hr of sleep due to work, sleep > good shave lol!

Just like shaving, lifestyles are a YMMV item...

Top Bottom