What's new

I fell for it......Defender Razor

i saw the Facebook ad for Defender Razor and look at the video. It looked different than all the other cartridge razor so I bit. I bought the handle with the included cartridge.

I tried it this morning thinking it would be a disappointment. Well it turned out to be a mixed bag. The blades are not as sharp as my injector blades and feel is not as smooth but the end product is just as good as the injector. I did three passes and a little touch up in the usual places.

The handle had a good feel but I thought it was to long. The rubber feeling of the handle gave a good grip even with wet soapy fingers.

The shave was good enough to try again tomorrow. Maybe again and again until the blade is no longer serviceable.

Will I give up my injector.................?

Shave number 3 and the blades felt much smoother. Still gave an excellent shave. Will continue to use until shave quality gets below acceptable level.

proxy.php

Shave number 6 and I am done. I think the Defender is a good razor system, but no way is it better than my Schick Injector.

I think it would make a good travel razor. I still wish the handle was shorter.

Is it better than a Mach 3. Only you can decide that, but i think they are about the same. The blades are cheaper than the Mach 3.

I ordered one and tried it out this morning. Compared to the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, there is more drag, but not enough to be uncomfortable. The cartridge is so thin that I was able to get right up under the nose (basically by sticking an end in a nostril!). It gave a smooth no-nick shave. The handle could stand to have a bit more grip to it, but it wasn't slippery. It's very lightweight, so it's not going to do any of the work for you.

I'll have to try it a few more times before I decide if I want to get a blade subscription.

I totally forgot that I tried this. I got a nice shave, but nothing to make me order more cartridges. When I'm in the mood for a cartridge shave my Gillette Sensor still wins.

I ordered a Defender. The space between the blades seems like a really good idea.

I have never cared for the Sensor. Gillette hit the top with the Mach 3, and nothing they have released since then has topped it.

I've had problems with rashes and weepers with my DE and SE shaves, so I am on a break from them. I used a Schick Hydro5 and liked it. Tried my wife's Harry's razor. I like it slightly better than the Hydro5, except I do not like the handle. It may be a rubbery handle, and it may have dimples for hold, but with slick shaving soaps, I have trouble holding onto it. I wrapped a silicone hair band from one of my daughters around the handle, and it works better.

Once the Defender arrives, I've chime in with a report.

First Defender shave was good. The space between the blades makes for easy rinsing. I imagine it will be smoother on shave 2, but it was a good shave.

Compared to Harry's razors? The Harry's is a very smooth shaver, and gives a great 2-pass (and clean-up) BBS shave. The Defender's handle was much easier to grip than the Harry's. I need more shaves with the Defender before I can compare the shaves to Harry's. I had a good BBS today, but I used 3 passes.

I am doing No Shave November, so I am only shaving the lower part of my neck.

The Defender with Cremo for shaving the lower part of my beard area is fantastic.

I've used the Defender as a head shaver for the past couple of years. The spacing of the blades prevents clogging. It's the best razor I've come across for shaving one's head.

1st shave a couple days ago, and man what a horrible experience. It tugged and pulled and seemed like the blades had chips in them. The shave was not close at all, it's the 1st time in decades I had a 5 oclock shadow.
3 shaves so far with the defender and still tugs and pulls. And not as close a shave as my month old mach 3 ( daily, 2 pass ) cartridge.
I'll try stropping it with jeans before tomorrows shave but I'm really disappointed so far with this razor.

I picked one of these up before I went to warrant officer candidate school because I just didn’t think I’d have the time to shave the way I like to. For travel, this with aveeno canned shave cream really isn’t bad. I get no irritation and it leaves me BBS every time. I think I just LIKE my routine. I still use it a couple times a week if I had a rough shave with a DE or straight and I like it better than any other cartridge razor.

Top Bottom