What's new

People's (or Badger's) Choice PIF, Pasted Balsa Strop Set

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
@Slash McCoy would you mind posting a pic of the balsa strop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BalsaStropPif01.jpg

BalsaStropPif02.jpg

On the left, .5u diamond. On the right, .1u.

***This is a long overdue reply***

First of all, thank you again to @Slash McCoy for the great PIF.

Second...I am a believer!

So easy and simple to use and the edge on the PRC Leviathan is wicked sharp again. Since this easily tuned up the edge, I suspect I will not need to hone the Leviathan for quite some time.

Slash should go into business.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
***This is a long overdue reply***

First of all, thank you again to @Slash McCoy for the great PIF.

Second...I am a believer!

So easy and simple to use and the edge on the PRC Leviathan is wicked sharp again. Since this easily tuned up the edge, I suspect I will not need to hone the Leviathan for quite some time.

Slash should go into business.

Hah! The time, expense, and bother would force me to charge at least $40 per strop. Maybe more. It is better to just let everyone make their own.

Glad you are having good results. If you use it correctly you will NEVER need to rehone your razor. I have never had to do so, in the few years I have used this system. In fact, every sort of hone that I have would simply dull the balsa edge.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
It does add to ones expense though. You have to keep buying razors to have something to hone.
Just wait until you can no longer justify buying razors anymore, so you make the switch to high end knives to enable yourself to buy more stones and honing equipment.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I can’t think of a reason to buy a rock after the discovery of lapping film and diamond pasted balsa. Maybe I’ll get into strops. Yeah that’s it - strops. Better and better strops. A chicken in every pot and a strop in every room! Oh wait. Forgot about the SWMBO thing.

Top Bottom