What's new

Haslinger soap

I see it primarily as a nice branded storage tin really.
The surface area of a haslinger puck isn’t really ideal for loading. Possible but not ideal.

I see it primarily as a nice branded storage tin really.
The surface area of a haslinger puck isn’t really ideal for loading. Possible but not ideal.

I agree. I bought one puck and put it in one of those Stirling green plastic bowls with a lid. Clearly it didn't fit well at all. So I bought a second puck of Schafmilch and softened it up slightly but nuking it in the microwave for 10 seconds or so. Didn't heat it. Just softened it slightly. Enough so I could fill the entire bottom of the bowl with soap. Makes loading the brush incredibly easy now.

my haslinger puck, shaped into a 2" dia puck tin, works great!

haslinger simpson jubilee feather alt innsbruck october 14 2017.jpg

Thinking of 3017 for my marigold puck. It is absolutely terrific (perhaps my favorite warm weather soap)!

With the cooler days I need to start a 'winter Haslinger's rotation.'

I recently finished a marigold 3017. Delightful. I think I got 66 shaves out of it or something like that, but I could easily have stretched that longer.

--Lee

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thinking of 3017 for my marigold puck. It is absolutely terrific (perhaps my favorite warm weather soap)!

With the cooler days I need to start a 'winter Haslinger's rotation.'
I dare you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I completed a 3017 of Marigold earlier this summer. It was sublime. A great summer soap for a great summer. shafmilch will be my soap during the depths of this winter.

I have all my haslinger pucks in the original plastic cases. I like that presentation and i just hold the puck in my hand to load the brush, wipe off the top and pop it back in the case.

I like that about hard pucks, i can just hold them in my hand to load the brush.

Nice. Since you already find yourself grating, how about trying a mixture of Haslinger Schafmilch and Mitchell's Wool Fat in 50/50 proportion. Two greats together in one bowl. It ends up being much more than the sum of its parts.

Thanks. I have mixed Haslinger Coconut and Honig for great results.

I have used many pucks of Mitchell’s Wool Fat over the years but I don’t find the soap base anywhere near as good as the soaps Haslinger offers.

I’m with you when comparing the two overall. However I found that MWF excels in slickness slightly and definitely in scent. And when combined the result is a sheep lover’s paradise. The scent is really nice. Far nicer than either one alone.

Just ordered a bunch of extra schafmilch because of the possibility that they may be changing the formula! (Say it is not so! :a13::a13::a13:)

Top Bottom