What's new

Haslinger soap

I’m sure the vegan Haslinger will be good, but if it isn’t I am happy to say I have several years of tallow in storage.

I got an email response from Smallflower.com and there stock is all tallow. I had never ordered from them before but I just picked up a couple pucks.

I just got my shipment of 3 pucks of Haslinger Schafmilch. Checked the label and all three have potassium tallowate. That should provide me with 3 full tubs of my Haslinger Schafmilch/Mitchell Wool Fat combination, also known as Fat 'as, in addition to the full tub I have presently. That should hold me over for a while.

I'm 3017'ing a puck of Haslinger Sandalwood. I had some ever-so-slight tingling on my cheeks when I started, but none in a while. Great shaves as long as I give it enough water. Haslinger requires very little loading.

I can't believe its been 5,517 days since the last post in this thread! I have I been gone for too long?! Have things really changed that much?! Has Haslinger really fallen out of favor with the masses?! Are there just so many other options that no one has time or space to consider one of the most wonderfully cost effective soaps available?!

Am I really the only one who's used Haslinger Sheep's Milk shave soap for over 6,000 days straight?!

Mon dieu!

:sailor:

Anyone that has avoided Haslinger because they went veg is missing out on one of the best shaving soaps on the market.

Back when Haslinger was tallow based I 3017'nd every flavor they offered and all were top performers. Over the past few years I 3017'nd a couple of the vegan pucks and recently started another 3017 effort of their unscented offering. The current version of Haslinger is every bit as good and in some respects better than the old tallow formula. For my face its a better performer than MdC and I love MdC.

Cheers!

...Have things really changed that much?! Has Haslinger really fallen out of favor with the masses?!...
No, I think many people are just quietly enjoying the current Haslinger soaps. I really like the Sensitive one which is unscented. You seldom hear anything about it, though.

There are a lot of choices out there. Many people like having variety. That's what I think is going on, anyway.

Anyone that has avoided Haslinger because they went veg is missing out on one of the best shaving soaps on the market.

Back when Haslinger was tallow based I 3017'nd every flavor they offered and all were top performers. Over the past few years I 3017'nd a couple of the vegan pucks and recently started another 3017 effort of their unscented offering. The current version of Haslinger is every bit as good and in some respects better than the old tallow formula. For my face its a better performer than MdC and I love MdC.

Cheers!
I used Haslinger when it was tallow based and didn't miss a thing when it went veg - and I think you're right about being every bit as good and better in some regards - thanks!

No, I think many people are just quietly enjoying the current Haslinger soaps. I really like the Sensitive one which is unscented. You seldom hear anything about it, though.

There are a lot of choices out there. Many people like having variety. That's what I think is going on, anyway.
There are a ton of choices but I think you're right about the number of people quietly enjoying Haslinger. Maybe we need a secret society just for all of us quietly enjoying it??

Monkey D Luffy knows...

IMG_1737.jpg

:sailor:

For me, the Haslinger soaps were the surprise of the year. I've been wet shaving for almost 10 years, but I've always avoided the Haslinger. No idea why, maybe because of their design. Then when I used it on my face for the first time, it was the Schafmilch, I was extremely impressed with its performance! The leather was incredible, dense, creamy and protective. Reminds me a little of MWF. Although I would prefer the scent of the Haslinger. It still has a little floral note.
The Ringelblume is also fantastic!

I use them in an empty Stirling container. I melt the soap in the microwave for 15 seconds beforehand.
I would recommend just molding it with your thumb and some force, that's what I always did.

Even though it doesn't contain tallow any longer, it's not a glycerine based soap and should not be microwaved.

Long Live Haslinger!

Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua (Water), Glycerine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Lac Powder, Parfum, Sheep Milk, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Lanolin, Lecithin, Coconut Acid, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77891, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate

The soap contains glycerine and it survived it extremely well. I just soften them a little in the microwave and don't melt them completely.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I use them in an empty Stirling container. I melt the soap in the microwave for 15 seconds beforehand.

I would recommend just molding it with your thumb and some force, that's what I always did.

Even though it doesn't contain tallow any longer, it's not a glycerine based soap and should not be microwaved.

Long Live Haslinger!

Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua (Water), Glycerine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Lac Powder, Parfum, Sheep Milk, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Lanolin, Lecithin, Coconut Acid, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77891, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate

The soap contains glycerine and it survived it extremely well. I just soften them a little in the microwave and don't melt them completely.
You don't microwave your Haslinger before taking a nice bite??

:c4::facep::scared::crying::001_tt2::302:

Top Bottom