What's new

Timeless Razors

Mine is ordered, so there will definitely be something new soon. I didn't want to miss out on the plaid handle discount. The speculation I've heard points to the new razor being a single edge; maybe a GEM. Some are hoping for a less expensive option, like ATT's Calypso, or Wolfman's Guerilla. If it is either of those, I won't regret my purchase.

Pat - First off I really don't think you will regret your purchase. What baseplate gap did your go with? And the plad is a nice handle and who knows it may be in demand in the future since they're discontinuing it. I'ts almost like the Barber Pole handle which I have on one of mine and I prefer it over my pineapple as far as performance. In my conversations with Matt SE has come up as well as other metals such as Brass, Titanium etc. and other accessories have come up in our last conversation. Who knows what's next from Timeless but I'm pretty sure whatever they come out next or in the future will be top quality. They take great pride in their work and work as a family. I like that.

Pat - First off I really don't think you will regret your purchase. What baseplate gap did your go with? And the plad is a nice handle and who knows it may be in demand in the future since they're discontinuing it. I'ts almost like the Barber Pole handle which I have on one of mine and I prefer it over my pineapple as far as performance. In my conversations with Matt SE has come up as well as other metals such as Brass, Titanium etc. and other accessories have come up in our last conversation. Who knows what's next from Timeless but I'm pretty sure whatever they come out next or in the future will be top quality. They take great pride in their work and work as a family. I like that.
I ordered a .95 gap solid bar. All of my current razors are open comb, and it has been a while since I used a sb. I am confident that you are right and I will be quite satisfied. I've read that I will have a month to swap the plate if I want something different.

I ordered a .95 gap solid bar. All of my current razors are open comb, and it has been a while since I used a sb. I am confident that you are right and I will be quite satisfied. I've read that I will have a month to swap the plate if I want something different.
How do you find the solid bar? I exchanged a scalloped for a solid bar because I thought the solid looked better with the scalloped cap. I really can't detect any difference in terms of shave quality.

How do you find the solid bar? I exchanged a scalloped for a solid bar because I thought the solid looked better with the scalloped cap. I really can't detect any difference in terms of shave quality.
It's awesome. I have the smooth cap with the smooth solid bar. It shaves beautifully. The results are what you would expect from a .95 gap. That sounds like it should be aggressive, but somehow it shaves gently at the same time. There must be something in the exposure and angle that makes it smooth. It and my ATT R2 are definitely my two best for results. The Timeless is the more comfortable of the two. The ATT isn't far behind and it is maybe a little easier to maneuver. Of course the Timeless is also like a piece of stainless sculpture.

Top Bottom