What's new

Micro Touch One

Well, I finally tried out the Micro Touch One razor that my wife bought me, and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised!
When she first brought it home, I thought it would be best if she just took it back and saved her money but; I thought it best keep it even if I didn't use it, just to spare her feelings. I thought I could always use it as a travel razor.
This razor shaves really well. Yes, it is on the mild side but when loaded with a Astra SP or a PolSilver it shaves like a dream.
When I first used it, I did use the Dorco blades that came with it. I just wanted to experience to be the same as someone who would load it up as a first timer. The Dorco blades aren't bad as I have read here. They just are not great, I did have some weepers that I haven't experienced for a long time. I did get 5 or 6 shaves before I switched to another Dorco and got the same amount of shaves.
Last month, I went on vacation and took the razor with me. No worries as if TSA or some other entity causes me to lose razor, I will simply go buy another. Now, I can take a DE razor with me on vacation without fear of losing it.

I regularly sit glued to the Pawn Stars reruns on ITV4, I think the banter between the owners and staff is really funny, especially when it involves either Chumlee or The Old Man !!
So when I saw the ad with Rick Harrison on Youtube, I thought about buying one.
They're only about €6 each from Chinese eBayers, but I ended up pulling the trigger on a Weishi 9306CL instead.
Maybe one day......

The Micro Touch One is a great gateway razor. It's cheap enough and most readily available to anyone curious about using a safety razor. Once they start using it, most are hooked from the very first shave and start searching to see what other razors are out there. They'll eventually find themselves on B&B. The rest is history.

The Micro Touch One is a great gateway razor. It's cheap enough and most readily available to anyone curious about using a safety razor. Once they start using it, most are hooked from the very first shave and start searching to see what other razors are out there. They'll eventually find themselves on B&B. The rest is history.
That is exactly how I started. It took one shave and I was hooked and knew I needed (wanted) another razor. Then I received a great PIF from [MENTION=96782]JaredB[/MENTION] that contained a maggard head on an EJ handle and a Parker tto. . . . Well let's just say the rest is history.
True to the spirit of the PIF, I have gifted a few razors to interested people, when I have been able. But it all started with the MIcro Touch One. I just wish they made an affordable badger brush. The sampler brush from AOS is too small.

It was my gateway DE also. I still pull it out every once in awhile for the memories. LOL
With a sharp blade it does pretty well, although I prefer an aggressive razor.
It is pretty well made, and should last quite awhile. :001_smile

Well done. Nothing at all wrong with the MTO. Pretty mild and not vintage Gillette quality, but not vintage Gillette prices, either.

The MTO was my introduction to DE shaves. I still have mine, and will keep it.
The 3 piece vintage Gillettes have stolen my heart, though...
New Improved just slayed me.

The Van der Hagen version of this razor was my introduction to this hobby. I like it and plan to keep it in rotation as long as I can get good shaves from it.

That's me, except my gateway drug was Van der Hagen.

I regularly sit glued to the Pawn Stars reruns on ITV4, I think the banter between the owners and staff is really funny, especially when it involves either Chumlee or The Old Man !!
So when I saw the ad with Rick Harrison on Youtube, I thought about buying one.
They're only about €6 each from Chinese eBayers, but I ended up pulling the trigger on a Weishi 9306CL instead.
Maybe one day......

i was under the impression that the micro touch one is just a rebranded weishi? I have seen them sold under many different names but are all made by weishi.

I have a VDH I picked up because I thought I had $16 burning a hole in my pocket. It was more aggressive than I expected. I'm not saying it was a wide-open Futur aggressive, but it's more aggressive than my Superspeed.

That's more or less how I ended up here! Haha 😁

It was actually my third razor. I had a three piece Yuma (boy did that suck) then I got a Weishi 2003m and loved it but it is on the milder side. I got the MicroTouch One so I could pack for my brother's wedding. I ended up using it for month before learning it. Now this, I wouldn't say it is aggressive but it is not as mild as the Weishi and honestly, it gives great shaves. It's now my go to. I think I'll stop at this one for now. Talk to me again in oh a year or so and things may change...

My wife and daughter bought me one last year. It's my gateway DE razor, mild but not a bad razor at all. It works especially well with Feather or GSB blades.

Top Bottom