What's new

King C Gillette Memorability

Hello All, I came across an interesting find. Any information would be great.

Attachments

• $IMG_1242.jpg
    $IMG_1242.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to B&B!

As a gentle reminder, please familiarize yourself with the rules at http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Terms_Of_Usage — especially this one:

7. B&B is not an appraisal site. As such, asking values here isn't acceptable behavior. All B&B members, asking and answering, new or old, should be aware that B&B is a community of users, and not an appraisal or identification service.​

Anyway that looks like a nice bit of history and I hope you enjoy owning it.

That is a truly interesting find. Perhaps someone can point you to an appraiser of vintage signatures? My question would be why did he sign a blank check?

Welcome to the forum. Folks here have a lot of knowledge and share it readily.

Wealthy would oftentimes sign a book of blank checks for a private assistant to make draws on petty cash accounts and such. Back then the only way to make business transactions was going to the physical bank. Like the instance with this check, it's drawn on a trust account most certainly for cash withdrawals.

A very neat find! Where did you get it and even more interesting to me, what did you luckily pay to get it? Stuff like that is usually found at the oddest of places and cheap from no one knowing anything about it.

On a personal note, I don't think someone who had made one inaugural post should be slammed with their first response as a copy/paste of rules. They should be welcomed with open arms and thanked for bringing a unique piece of history to the core value and reason of our site.

Last edited:
I thank you for your welcoming response DA_MPA, as were it was found, was in large lot of Stamp Collection I purchased, along with it I have a Notarized Document with Linda Gillette signed 2 times, another signature of King Gillette, Mott Gillette, Edwin Root, and Elmon Gillette and a Document from France Notarized stating George W. Gillette appeared in front of him who was dead in 1909. This Document is dated 1923. The document was about take money out from the trust.

As for everyone else, Thank you for your response on the rules, Its just I cant find anything on the Gillette family, This seemed like the right place. maybe not.

Hi, If this message finds you please message back. I am a Gillette family member and would like to ask you about your documents if you still have them. Thank you.
If I were you I would also send him a PM as that may well be linked to his email. This is a pretty old thread and he is not active here so may never be aware of your interest.

Top Bottom